An open letter to Bodom

You obviously didn't get my point:

When did I say that? To me HCD, AYDY and BD are exactly at the same level as SW, HB and FTR.

Why?

because very very very few people make it in entertainment. it's definitely something i would like to do, and would enjoy doing, however i'd still like a backup plan. i mean, who would say "no" to getting paid to do the thing they love the most? :lol: it's just that i dunno if i wanna bank my future on it, you know?

^That's true. But dunno, you could always be a guitar teacher or a music teacher and combine that with live acts. Not necessarily with your own metal/rock band or whatever, just with random bands that hired you. If you're well trained that's not that difficult, but then again the training IS difficult, so dunno.

I think most of people are using the term neo-classical for something it's not. I couldn't care less for fucking pieces of Bethoven they mix into the songs. For example that one part in COB, or many parts in RLIME2, it sucks cock imo. Some of them work like the guitar thing in Hatebreeder. But the music being fundamentally melodic>heavy does not make it neo-classical...

because very very very few people make it in entertainment. it's definitely something i would like to do, and would enjoy doing, however i'd still like a backup plan. i mean, who would say "no" to getting paid to do the thing they love the most? :lol: it's just that i dunno if i wanna bank my future on it, you know?
I'm really wondering where the line between earning enough money and not enough money lays. For instance, I'm sure that the Bodom guys earn enough. But how is that situation with for example the guys of Norther or Kalmah. Interesting subject.

i never quite understood why everyone starts hating these kinds of bands when they stop sucking yngwie cock.

Can never explain how fanbois think, really. Particularly I hate people throwing around the word "neoclassical" without any idea what that even means, because if they did they wouldn't apply it to CoB like they do. For Chist's/Buddha's/Satan's/My sake, CoB ever wrote two or three songs with mild classical influences, and they're a neoclassical band now. F@#$. Some people need to listen to Therion from Theli to Secret of the Runes, or Lacrimosa after Satura, now that's neoclassical. :headbang: