An RC update....

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
My 'work work' is going to pick up now for the next several weeks. That means less time spent on the forum and RC, but hopefully not too much. The project I'm working on is entering "crunch time", and it's going to mean working some extra hours.

Also, 'Gugs called me up earlier today. He wants back in. So we talked about him focussing only on "Classic" albums since some of the rest of us are drowning in new promos. Mark has a huge collection of CDs (approx. 2000) of which 40% of them he's either not listened to, or only heard once. So anyway, seems like he's back on top of things...

I think RC needs some attention on the older albums anyway, so it'll be good to update that more frequently. The good news is, and it's weird saying this, but we haven't had shitloads of new promos in for a few days so once we clear our backlogs, maybe we can *all* have some fun writing some classic reviews for a while and focussing on the upcoming new feature. \m/

Of course, now I've said that, I'll go home tonight and see a box full of new promos awaiting your foster care. :heh:

As a writer of "classic" albums, yes. Perhaps 1-2 reviews per week, but whatever he finds convenient since there's no deadline for reviewing your own albums, heh.

Cool, good to know 'Gugs is able to rejoin the metal community. :kickass:

I hope to start working on one feature come January...

Jay,

I hear you on the work thing my brother. We are opening up a new store, and in the past 3 days, we have worked 39 hours to get it going. So until this weekend, I have been in work mode. Overtime whoo hoo...

Evil C

notman said:
I hear you on the work thing my brother. We are opening up a new store, and in the past 3 days, we have worked 39 hours to get it going. So until this weekend, I have been in work mode. Overtime whoo hoo...
39 hours straight? Damn. Hope you get some satisfaction out of it though.

The problem with my job is that I can honestly say that my interest is at an all time low. I like to be inspired, and right now, not only am I bored out of my head, but this guy my department reports to is just the grouchiest mofo in the world. Everyone sits here in silence and you can hear a pin drop when he's in the room. White collar fucking boredom.

Right now, when people see/hear me typing this, they think I'm working. Meanwhile, my brain is turning to mush. Oh well, it'll all be over in April and then I'll hopefully be onto something new.

i keep envisioning scenes from offices space...

Peter, obviously playing Tetris on his computer
Lumberg: "Peter, we need to talk..."
Peter, not looking up: "Yeah, I'm going to have to ask you to come back another time, I'm kinda busy!"

or... "It's not that I'm lazy... it's just that I don't care!"