Analyzing the DELIVERANCE cover

Slynt

Lord and Liar
May 31, 2001
Norway
Visit site
I'm sorry if this (probably) has been done to the proverbial death, but I'd like to discuss the cover.

My theory/thoughts:

What with the news trickling in about the new album being somewhat similar to glorious "Morningrise"

-->

Could the cover portray the inside of the house seen on the "Morningrise" cover? Both pieces are black/white.

The structure on the Morningrise cover seems more like a bridge than like a house to me.

Hmm, no offense, but I kinda doubt that...

Even if listeners compare it to Morningrise, I doubt Mikael would want the albums to actually literally be linked. I think Deliverance stands on its own, with no such associations...

But that's just my opinion. Either way, gorgeous art. :)

I agree with the other two replies - the Morningrise structure seems like a bridge to me, and I reckon the two albums wouldn't be linked in any way.

People get kind of weird when they hear any small comparison to Morningrise mentioned, and extrapolate it to mean something that couldn't be true. Like 5-6 long songs means they must have gone back to simple production and twin guitars. No offense of course, and I love the album. It's just funny.