The NEW Opeth cover

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
I don't know about many of you here, but I personally kind of grew tired of the black+white/grainy imagery that has been overused for the most recent artwork covers; that being Delievrance, Damnation and the most recent lamentations dvd.

I for one would like to have a cover return to the more colour-based approach. Make this a bit different from the past 3 so that it stands out on its own. I'd go for a deep crimson red with black approach for the colour palette. You know, make it look evil but still feature some variety in colour, not the typical black+white.

Remember Still Life's cover? IMO, that is perhaps still one of Opeth's finest cover arts. MAYH had a pretty cool one as well; both these covers stand out amongst the rest because they're NOT overly monochromatic. BWP was an excellent cover and isn't quite the same in style as the last few. But anyway, I think most people will figure what I'm getting at here.

So, do you want the style to continue with the black/white imagery or go for something new?

I agree. I don't know what was with the scary little girl doll thing either. Still Life is definitly one of their better albums in the artwork department. I'd definitly like to see something a bit more... vivid. Who gives a shit though as long as the music kicks ass, right?

drawing of a band will be on the cover.. done by the winner of some contest..

you have all the info at opeth.com.

so, this thread is pointless. :)

It really doesn't matter if it is black & white or more colour-based. It just simply is cool or not. My personal favourite covers are Deliverance, Blackwater Park and Morningrise.

wtf YOU would like to have more colours on the cover? Who tf are you at all? This discussion about the wishes of some egocentric fools is totally ridiculous and absurd. As if anyone would ever care about you wanting to have a special colour or not! wtf you are a complete moron. There are news about a new album and suddenly all those freaks are jumping around here having no other topic than some fucking colours they would like to have. Would like to have some special track for yourself? With your name in it? Your fuckin face in the booklet? Surely dont you?
And dont come and tell me that its just a conversation about taste or pleasant anticipation, you chatterer!

cddisc.gif
: im in a shitty mood
Who is the artist? Sounds like a good track. :headbang:

KRANG said:
drawing of a band will be on the cover.. done by the winner of some contest..

you have all the info at opeth.com.

so, this thread is pointless. :)
Might be ok inside the booklet, but I don't think it's really suitable for Opeth's style to have a band illustration on the cover. I actually find the cover for Rainbow's Long Live Rock 'N' Roll quite uninspired. Would've much rather seen an illustration of something to do with (or suits the mood of) the music, rather than those making it.

Alcapoth said:
I don't know about many of you here, but I personally kind of grew tired of the black+white/grainy imagery that has been overused for the most recent artwork covers; that being Delievrance, Damnation and the most recent lamentations dvd.

They used B&W for the ol' "Double D" because they were closely related. They used the same theme for Lamentations because 3/4 of the songs played were from "Double D".

As long as it's better than Strappings new cover, I couldn't believe Travis was the art director person for that.

ugh

1. the fucking fan illustration will NOT be on the cover, but inside the fucking booklet

2. i would like to see the new cover differ from the last 4(bwp, d's, lamen), yes. i agree about more color too.

fuscous said:
wtf YOU would like to have more colours on the cover? Who tf are you at all? This discussion about the wishes of some egocentric fools is totally ridiculous and absurd. As if anyone would ever care about you wanting to have a special colour or not! wtf you are a complete moron. There are news about a new album and suddenly all those freaks are jumping around here having no other topic than some fucking colours they would like to have. Would like to have some special track for yourself? With your name in it? Your fuckin face in the booklet? Surely dont you?
And dont come and tell me that its just a conversation about taste or pleasant anticipation, you chatterer!

....stfu haha. seriously.

affinityband said:
They arent having the drawings on the front its in the booklet monkey boy.

wow a fast one, eh!
just didnt know they would be in the booklet, prick. guess you are with your depressing trees and autumn mists and dead leaves eh?

now being an opeth fanboy is one thing but being a travis smith fanboy?