Cloaked figure on the My Arms Your Hearse Cover??

Waning Moon

Oct 29, 2005
Forgive me if this has been mentioned before but i did a quick search and didn't find anything.

I was reading the thread about how awesome the Still Life artwork was so i went to my picture file and had a look and i must say i agree! But then i looked at the artwork for My Arms Your Hearse and saw what looks like a cloaked figure standing near the middle of the picture which i have never noticed before! Has anyone else noticed this? Someone in the Still life thread said that Still Life is the only cover with a person on (and now Watershed) and no-one corrected this......am i right in thinking the cloaked figure on the MAYH cover hasn't been noticed by many before?

Anyway i've circled it in red to make it obvious and i really think you can see a pale face near the centre of the cover looking towards the left of the picture........thoughts?

Black_Sabbath_debut_album.jpg

its peters girl friend at the time, they were all kinda disappointed with how it turned out cuz well obviously u cant rly see her.

That album cover is pretty nice, and the person (probably a girl.. refering to the story) just fits in it, while we don't see her/him clearly. I noticed it for the first time not so long ago. You have to pay attention, even if it's quite obvious.

I know it's Peter's girlfriend in the actual picture, but symbolically, was it meant to be her or the protagonist in the context of the cover?

the person on the cover is all ghostly which kinda implies it is the protagonist, but since they let a woman pose its more likely that its supposed to be the protagonists wife.

The grim one Hox is right. Mikael has said the inspiration for the cover was the first Black Sabbath album. He said the cover freaked him out so much he just had to buy it.

I noitced the face right away cuz I love album art. I used to study the crap out of my Yes albums back in the 70's and 80's. Roger Dean is a legend. Travis Smith is well on his way.

its peters girl friend at the time, they were all kinda disappointed with how it turned out cuz well obviously u cant rly see her.

I actually believe they did it on purpose because it went with the story of MYAH because its about a dead guy's soul wandering around, so I'm guessing its supposed to be the protagonist in corpse paint or something. and I never noticed it till october last year when my ex girlfriend pointed it out.

I actually believe they did it on purpose because it went with the story of MYAH because its about a dead guy's soul wandering around, so I'm guessing its supposed to be the protagonist in corpse paint or something. and I never noticed it till october last year when my ex girlfriend pointed it out.

That's what I said too in the last thread that came up on this subject, but I got jumped by a some dude claiming he knew for certain it was meant to be the protagonist's wife just because the person taken in the picture was Peter's girlfriend (without any proof, might I add).