The My Arms Your Hearse mystery

pac1288

El Jefe
Dec 1, 2001
California
Visit site
I noticed a lot of people have experienced the same,not everybody but quite a few.So this draws me to my statement:

When I first bought mayh I did not care for it that much,I mean I thought it was good and all but it did not feel very groundbreaking or as appealing as Orchid and Morningrise.Even after I purchased Still Life(when released)I still thought the same about Mayh,the appeal remained at the same level. I don't know but I would never reach for this album I would always reach for the other Opeth cds.

Then something very interesting happened.Out of nowhere I was entranced with Mayh,it was so strange!

I have listened to this album to what feels to be like a million times.I just love this release so damn much now!it actually appeals to me more than the others although they are all excellent!

I have listened to this record over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again!!And I'm still not bored of it!As a matter of fact I love it more now!It's my top two Opeth albums along side with still life.

My favourites on Mayh right now are karma,when,credence,and demon of the fall,especially that last part of demon of the fall,the last part is so damn good it gives me shivers some times!

Well it just comes to show how great and powerfull Opeth is.Opeth is impeccable Opeth is the best the top.No band has ever impacted me like Opeth yet,and I don't think another band ever will!

Damn I love Opeth

:D

My favourites on Mayh right now are karma,when,credence,and demon of the fall,especially that last part of demon of the fall,the last part is so damn good it gives me shivers some times!

That part always makes me cry....:cry:
anyway yea i always thought MAYH has a certain something that none of the other Opeth cds have, it just like exaclty and ironically what is needed to make a song stick forever in your head for days and days....its irresistible:D

Originally posted by pac1288

When I first bought mayh I did not care for it that much,I mean I thought it was good and all but it did not feel very groundbreaking or as appealing as Orchid and Morningrise.Even after I purchased Still Life(when released)I still thought the same about Mayh,the appeal remained at the same level. I don't know but I would never reach for this album I would always reach for the other Opeth cds.

Then something very interesting happened.Out of nowhere I was entranced with Mayh,it was so strange!

I have listened to this album to what feels to be like a million times.I just love this release so damn much now!it actually appeals to me more than the others although they are all excellent!

:D

Same here. One day I took Still Life out and put Mayh in and that was that.

I always thought I liked it more than the others because that was the one I firstly listened to. As it was The Mind's I for DT (it's still my fav one, although I think The Gallery is a better album). But then again.. after today's concert.. When.. Demon Of The Fall.. argh.. I LOVE IT!

April Ethereal is my favorite opeth song i think, and that is a BIG statement!

an even bigger statement is to say that "take me away" is very very close to my favorite opeth moment ever....! :eek:

i find that every single album that i end up LOVING, i start off only liking but usually i can recognise that with time i will love it.... music that captivates me from the first moment usually is the stuff such as katatonia which isnt as musically brilliant and i cant listen to in the same was as i do opeth and similar

Why Why Why ?????

Why waste our time comparing Opeth to Opeth?

I just felt like saying that. I'm still a BWP fan the most - probably because it was my 1st, but MAYH as an album is a close 2nd. Actually, comparing my most favorite to least favorite Opeth album would be the difference between the sizes of both my feet.

Originally posted by metalmancpa
Why Why Why ?????

Why waste our time comparing Opeth to Opeth?

I just felt like saying that. I'm still a BWP fan the most - probably because it was my 1st, but MAYH as an album is a close 2nd. Actually, comparing my most favorite to least favorite Opeth album would be the difference between the sizes of both my feet.

The only reason why I brought this to surface is because there is certain aspects to Mayh that differ than the others thats all, and is the only Opeth record to have a strange and mysterious impact on me,but don't get me wrong all of Opeth albums are excellent/distinct I love them all.

I mean lets face it for someone not to be all that crazy about a record(MAYH)and then suddenly liking it to the point of obsession two years later is down right odd and strange!And you see this is the beauty of Opeth:)and figured some people here would be able to relate to it.you know something to discuss and enjoy:D

My Arms, Your Hearse is the best album I have ever heard, ever. You cant just say one song is good tho(although Demon of the fall, When, Credence and Epilogue are AWESOME) as it just gels together so perfectly....Its like on big song :)

It rules...

My Arms took the longest of any Opeth album to fully appreciate its genius, I used to think that The Amen Corner and Demon Of The Fall were crap. Thankfuly, after about a month I realized the error of my ways and embraced the album for the work of pain and majesty that it is...

Originally posted by Demonspell
My Arms took the longest of any Opeth album to fully appreciate its genius, I used to think that The Amen Corner and Demon Of The Fall were crap. Thankfuly, after about a month I realized the error of my ways and embraced the album for the work of pain and majesty that it is...

You know I could relate to that.I used to think the same way about those two songs myself,I did not like them at all whats so ever seriously,and gradually I fell in love with them!