My Arms, Your Hearse lovers

Mantraschism

Skáld
Oct 23, 2002
Augusta, GA (Lost in the Twilight Hall)
Hey everyone, I'm new on the forum but not to Opeth. So I was just wondering, how many people think that MAYH is one of the greatest things to happen to mankind, like I do? This album hits me profoundly; the music, the lyrics, the vocals, everything. This is probably my favorite Opeth album, and definitely one of my favorite albums of all time. So how about everyone else?

P.S. JesusChristPose, I don't know if you remember me, but I was krakatau on Moontown Cafe, back in the day. Glad to see you again. =]

"P.S. JesusChristPose, I don't know if you remember me, but I was krakatau on Moontown Cafe, back in the day. Glad to see you again. =]"

Yeah! I remember you, Krakatau...Good to see you here too! :)

As for MAYH, if you have read any of my posts on here, you will know, without a doubt, that it is my favorite Opeth cd of them all.

There is not one weak song on it...Just about every opening is unique, unforgettable and powerful. The lyrics are their best. The ending reminds me of Pink Floyd and The Eagles.

One of the greatest metal cds of all time.

MAYH is tied with Deliverance as the most original opeth relase, but for a long time, it was the only album that showed some truly nice progression.

Misanthrope ( who thinks opeth has strangely made a lot of merits with their latest to put him in the "fan" category again )

MAYH is the first Opeth album I listened to and to this day still my favourite.

But I haven't heard Deliverance yet so that might change.

MAYH was their newest album when I first heard them. It's not my favorite album by them, but every single one of their albums has been fantastic and this one is no different. When is my favorite on this album and is also one of my favorite Opeth songs of all time.

Prologue was my first taste of Opeth.

MAYH always holds its own place in my heart - one of those things you never forget. I think Deliverance will bring back that crunchy MAYH taste..

and damn, I'm hungry for more :D

I have often said, not only is MAYH the best Opeth release, it is the one of best metal releases ever! Up there with Iron Maiden-Killers and Megadeth-Peace Sells as my very favorite of all time.

MAYH got me into Opeth, so of course it will always hold a special place... And yes, it was a gift to mankind :) and yes, im a guitarist too. Rock ON