What's YOUR favorite?

• Still Life

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • My Arms, Your Hearse

Votes: 32 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The verdict is in... Still Life.

Inconium Guard, yes Sennheiser's are great; i have pair of the HD 590's and they are truly worth the expense. What model do you own? I also have a pair of Koss PortaPros for traveling which ive been pretty happy with.

As a thread sub-topic, what headphones do you all enjoy? I bet Moonlapse, with his exposure to engineering, has something we can all be envious of.

I have the HD 600's....I agree very well worth it. My father is in the high end audio business, so I get to listen to alot of great equipment. I'm very thankful for this priviledge haha....and combined with the high production standards of the Opeth albums its an incredible experience, I must admit.

I'm going to see if my pop wants to take Damnation to the next audio show he attends, maybe they'll get a little more exposure (doubt it hahah)

Justin S. said:
The verdict is in... Still Life.

Inconium Guard, yes Sennheiser's are great; i have pair of the HD 590's and they are truly worth the expense. What model do you own? I also have a pair of Koss PortaPros for traveling which ive been pretty happy with.

As a thread sub-topic, what headphones do you all enjoy? I bet Moonlapse, with his exposure to engineering, has something we can all be envious of.

I used to have a set of Phillips SBC HP890 headphones... that's until my father broke them... along with all my other headphones :lol:... cunt. So no, seeing as right now I have nothing, and before I didn't have much, there isn't much to be envious of, I'm afraid.

By the way, I monitor my recordings on a $50 4.1 PC Sattelite/Sub system. Jealous yet? o_O

No but honestly, when my Phillips still worked (decent headphones, not high-end but not low-end either) I used to love listening to Still Life ocasionally when going to sleep. The fact that there are no outside distractions allow you to appreciate the album alot more.

Anyhow, job is coming soon... I can probably claim the thousands of dollars worth of equipment I'll be racking up on tax because of the Audio Engineering course :D

Yeah I'm a huge fan of headphones...its like nothing gets in the way of the music on the way to your ears.

I think the only Opeth album I can really listen to when I'm going to sleep is Damnation, but I doubt thats very odd haha....I can see still life though, it has a very nice warm sound that reminds me of the winter...dunno why

Gettysburg College...way out in boring ass PA hahah.

I might transfer? I don't know.

I'd like to be around home, since I may be joining my friends band, just to scream and growl and whatever....its nothing like I'd really like to do, but oh well.

By the way this poll is open for 30 days, I needed to set a time limit so we could eventually have a winner

Inconium Guard said:
I have the HD 600's....I agree very well worth it.

You just had to one-up me eh? ;)
Those 600's are a tad pricey for me. Im was willing to spend up to $300 or so; i just cant justify almost half a grand for headphones! I wonder how much noticable difference there is.
Yeah, would be neat-o if your dad introduced others to the wonderful world of Opeth and their petty, I.M. flame-warring fanbase. :D (seriously, what the hell was that monstrosity i just witnessed?)

Moonlapse... you let me down man! I was prepared for you to lay down the most ridiculous audiophile tale ever. No dice...

deliverance said:
i'm in college too. i go to stockton, but i drive there and back every day, heh, 50 min away. where do you attend?

Whaa?! You make that trek everyday? Thats totally absurd; do you have a good reason, or do you just really love your car stereo?

Oh, and minding the forum rules, uh... MAYH or Still Life while making said journey? :D

Justin S. said:
You just had to one-up me eh? ;)
Those 600's are a tad pricey for me. Im was willing to spend up to $300 or so; i just cant justify almost half a grand for headphones! I wonder how much noticable difference there is.
Yeah, would be neat-o if your dad introduced others to the wonderful world of Opeth and their petty, I.M. flame-warring fanbase. :D (seriously, what the hell was that monstrosity i just witnessed?)

Moonlapse... you let me down man! I was prepared for you to lay down the most ridiculous audiophile tale ever. No dice...

Just you wait till the Audio Engineering course kicks in... oh yeah... I'll be posting recordings from school. 3 seperate recording studios in the one building... huge 24 track mixing table in the main one with monitors all over the wall :D

Justin S. said:
Whaa?! You make that trek everyday? Thats totally absurd; do you have a good reason, or do you just really love your car stereo?

Oh, and minding the forum rules, uh... MAYH or Still Life while making said journey? :D

yeah it kinda sucks driving there, but i don't want to live on campus. all most college people do is get drunk, it's retarded. i don't drink, and i don't want to be around a bunch of fucking idiots. i just don't want to live on my own yet either.
but yeah, my stereo is pretty sweet, if i didn't have a cd player in my car, i wouldn't be able to make the trip. it's an absolute neccessity!