Opeth Song Survivor - Round 1 - My Arms Your Hearse

Which song do you DISLIKE the most? DISLIKE DISLIKE DISLIKE!

• Prologue

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • April Ethereal

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • When

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Madrigal

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • The Amen Corner

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • Demon of the Fall

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Credence

Votes: 3 3.3%
    Votes: 17 18.7%
  • Epilogue

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I cant believe that Karma actually has more votes than Madrigal. So you people are saying that you would rather have a minute little interlude on the album than a whole 8 minute (good) song??? Doesn't make any sense.... christ people, vote the "not real" songs off first!!!!

Bleakest Harvest said:
Because it's so bloody repetive. For an Opeth song it is extremely linear. Also I think the sheer excellence of the soft bit at the start serves only to highlight the rest of the songs' shortcomings even more

Fuck that, It's hypnotic and very well done. The heavy part has very well layered guitars that have to be paid attention to. Dirge..... is my favorite Opeth song, believe it or not. In fact, it's my favorite song of all time.

SunlapseVertigo said:
Fuck that, It's hypnotic and very well done. The heavy part has very well layered guitars that have to be paid attention to. Dirge..... is my favorite Opeth song, believe it or not. In fact, it's my favorite song of all time.
Funny... it's my least favorite Opeth song! :)

I voted for Proglogue, I love all the songs off this album, even Karma, its bloody awesome. I don't know why you guys dont like Dirge For November either, its so good!!

If one of these instrumentals makes it over these so called 'proper' songs, then it should be that way... just becasue a song is 50 seconds long, or it has no vocals doesn't automatically mean nobody is going to like it over the other songs. Personally, Epilogue is my favourite track on MAYH, followed by Madrigal... yup, that's right a 1:25 minute track is my 2nd favourite from MAYH, succeeded by an instrumental, which apparently should have also been excluded from this poll.

The intro Of Drige... is so Beautiful.Anyway , the song seems more repetitive after a few listens . In fact , compared to other Opeth songs it's less suprising because of the long big heavy part . A little dissapointing imo but it still a masterpiece :p

ReDilS.kCalB said:
The intro Of Drige... is so Beautiful.Anyway , the song seems more repetitive after a few listens . In fact , compared to other Opeth songs it's less suprising because of the long big heavy part . A little dissapointing imo but it still a masterpiece :p

Im not really looking to be surprised when I listen to it.... Ive pretty much memorized every Opeth song so I know whats gonna happen everytime.... Its just that the heavy part is so dream like to me.... I can't explain it.... and it doesn't hurt that it begins and ends with 2 brilliant soft parts....

SunlapseVertigo said:
Yeah, that seems to be the opinion of most fans.... but WHYYYYYY.... I love that song so much.....
Hey, I like it too man, but you've GOT to have a "least favorite" song... It's impossible not to have one, even if it means that this one is just a little less awesome than the rest. :)