Opeth Song Survivor - Round 1 - Blackwater Park

Which song do you DISLIKE the most? DISLIKE!

• The Leper Affinity

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Bleak

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Harvest

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • The Drapery Falls

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Dirge For November

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • The Funeral Portrait

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Patterns in the Ivy

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • Blackwater Park

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 23, 2002
This is the fifth poll of Round 1. This match features songs from Opeth's fifth album, Blackwater Park. YOU ARE VOTING FOR THE SONG YOU DISLIKE THE MOST, PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY!

Hopefully you know the drill by now, but here it is again. This poll will last for 72 hours. Once again, please vote for the song you DISLIKE the most! Feel free to comment on your decision. Once the time limit has expired, the song with the most votes will begone, and the others shall live to see another day. In the event of a tie, a 24 hour tiebreaker shall be held between the songs in question.

Please don't cheat (using two accounts, etc), because you'll spoil the tournament!

May the voting commence! Hum diddle.

So BWP now , i have to go with patterns too , but it wasn't easy .

Ah man! Why are so many ppl complaining about Dirge? It's one of the songs where i get this awsome picture painted infront of me, with winter coming and the grim darkness closing in on the poulation of the North...

Or something...

Blackwater Park = Best album ever made (for me that is)...

Anyway, I chose Funeral Portrait, but that song only kills almost everything on other Opeth album.

Dirge For November. Possibly my least favourite Opeth song. Kinda Boringt and far too repetetive. The excellence of the acoustic bit at the start serves only to highlight the rest of the song's shortcomings even more

It's sad to see so many voted for The Funeral Portrait, although I can completely understand. It wasn't until I'd had the album for months and months, that I finally appreciated that song properly. The incredibly powerful clean vocals, and the slayful riffs. It's great, on many levels. It is tough to get into though...

Dirge For November is the only song on the album that's not great. Those who voted for The Funeral Portrait are damned fools.

IanDork107 said:
Dirge For November is the only song on the album that's not great. Those who voted for The Funeral Portrait are damned fools.

To me, Dirge is one of the best track on the album...

I absolubtely love Dirge, the first Opeth song I ever heard (I'm such a n00b) and nothing you delusional people say will make me change my mind :p

I loved Funeral the first time I heard it (third Opeth song I heard), and it was pretty scary when I heard it under heavy doses of cannabis :D but afterwards, it became my least favorite. But about 2 weeks ago, I rediscovered its beauty/brilliance, and I absolubtely love it now.

Anyway, I'm gonna vote for Patterns too...and don't you dare vote for the leper affinity or Drapery, cause I'm gonna be very disappointed in all of you. :rolls eyes:

Listen to The funeral portrait solo..
I hope u'll regret your votes :Shedevil: