Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Requiem

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • The Apostle In Triumph

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 23, 2002
This is the first poll to kick-start the Opeth Song Survivor Tournament! This match features songs from Opeth's first album, Orchid.

This poll will last for 72 hours. Please vote for the song you DISLIKE the most. Feel free to comment on your decision. Once the time limit has expired, the song with the most votes will begone, and the others shall live to see another day. In the event of a tie, a 24 hour tiebreaker shall be held between the songs in question.

Please don't cheat (using two accounts, etc), because you'll spoil the tournament!

Have fun, and may the best song win! :)

Reactions: Rusty
Hm. See, I guess that Silhouette won't last. A short instrumental that greatly falls short IMO when compared to a full-length song with vox. I like Silhouette, but if it's going to be compared with the other songs... I wonder if Requiem will last.

I think the real highlight of the Orchid album is the second half forest-twilight-orchid-apostle. Therefore I had to pick one of the first three, and unde the weeping moon felt natural.

I voted Requiem. Under the Weeping Moon was the first Opeth song I ever heard, so it's the reason for getting me into Opeth. Not to mention that I love that song. I like every song on Orchid, even the instrumentals, but Requiem is my least favorite.

If Under The Weeping Moon gets voted off first, I will cut you all.

goddammit!! sorry, I misinterpreted the question. I voted for The Apostle in Triumph, which is actually my favorite on that album. (though 'twilight' comes in close second). The least liked song by me would be ...

hmm... hard!

Of the full songs it would be 'Under the weeping moon' but I think 'Requiem' also is not the most interesting song Opeth ever put forward. Well, just subtract my vote off the 'Apostle' votes and add it to either 'Weeping' or to 'Requiem'.