Opeth Song Survivor - Round 1 - Morningrise

Which song do you DISLIKE the most? DISLIKE!

• Advent

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • The Night And The Silent Water

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Nectar

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • Black Rose Immortal

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • To Bid You Farewell

Votes: 10 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nectar... even if I really love this song
rolleyes.gif

The Night And The Silent Water. I agree with Mike, it is the worst song on that album

The main reason that Mike dislikes The Night and the Silent Water is because of how it reminds him of his grandfather's death. I'm not sure if he necessarily thinks that it's the worst.

My choice was between Advent and Nectar. I absolubtely love Advent, but since it was the one with the least votes, it's the most unlikely to get voted off....so I wouldn't be responsible for the demise of another song...
And Nectar, well, although I do like it, I feel it is the weak link in that album, at least from my point of view.

So Nectar it was...

Advent - just has so many great bits which still make me joygasm.
TNATSW - is full of emotion, and is brilliant
Nectar - is great, but there's a couple of bits I don't like.
BRI - 8-16(ish) is possibly my favourite piece of music, by any band ever. Possibly.
To Bid You Farewell - is my favourite mellow song of all time. Beautiful.

Therefore I voted Nectar. I always saw it as the weak link, to a perfect album. It still beats most stuff by other bands though.

Black Rose Immortal. It's by far the least cohesive and just not as good as it's cracked up to be. They should've cut it in half or made it into two interesting songs.

I hope Advent will win at the end because it's my fav song on the album :headbang:.Btw i voted Nectar , because it's just very good :p

All the album is close to perfection anyway :headbang:
I hope Advent will win at the end :D