Opeth Song Survivor - Round 2 - Blackwater Park (Vote for the WORST song)

Which song do you DISLIKE the most?

• The Leper Affinity

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Bleak

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Harvest

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • The Drapery Falls

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Dirge For November

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • The Funeral Portrait

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • Blackwater Park

Votes: 7 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 23, 2002
This is a 72 hour poll, featuring songs from Blackwater Park. Patterns in the Ivy was comfortably voted out in the first round, which song will be knocked out this time? Vote for the song you dislike the most.

Dirge it is... it would have been harvest... but I mean that's a standard opeth Chorus-Verse song, I can't really be judgemental about it on that basis... overall I think Dirge fails most at what it tries to do.

Drige , because i don't fully appreciate the big middle part even if it creates a good atmospheare.

I can't believe what i'm reading. Harvest? Weak? Are you people insane?? It's one of the most heart-wrenching, beautiful songs ever penned. Dirge is the worst by a mile. Boring, droning and repetitive.

Bleakest Harvest said:
I can't believe what i'm reading. Harvest? Weak? Are you people insane?? It's one of the most heart-wrenching, beautiful songs ever penned. Dirge is the worst by a mile. Boring, droning and repetitive.

I much prefer To Bid You Farewell, Credence, Benighted, Face of Melinda, Patterns in the Ivy II, A Fair Judgement, every song from Damnation - to Harvest. It doesn't do much for me, I think it is certainly one of their weakest all-clean-vocal songs. Dirge is repetitive, but I still like the atmosphere it gives off.

thats really not easy to say, blackwater is my most favourite album ever, not just from opeth...if i have to vote, than i would vote for The Funeral Portrait, it doesnt catch my soul as much as other songs....but anyway, still it is awesome...

dirge for november is easily the best song on the album, and yet it's getting like half the votes. i don't get it...