Opeth Song Survivor - Round 2 - Blackwater Park (Vote for the WORST song)

Which song do you DISLIKE the most?

• The Leper Affinity

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • Bleak

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Harvest

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • The Drapery Falls

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Dirge For November

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • The Funeral Portrait

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • Blackwater Park

Votes: 7 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
*Quickly spins up BWP....*

Yeah, the Funeral portrait for me, it has the least to offer. Though it was a close call between that and Dirge.....

Funeral Portrait is the least memorable track on the album, but that's not saying that it's not brilliant, My fave Opeth album does not have a weak moment, and those voting Harvest I am disgusted!!!
pukeface.gif

Weakest track: Blackwater Park.

This song has simply never reached out to me as all the others have. Each of the other songs has it's memorable sections. Though I find Dirge incredibly boring after the end of the clean/accoustic passage at the beginning, this opening section is beautiful enough to bump it up past BWP as far as worst song on the album goes.

My favourites, honestly, are a 5-way tie between The Leper Affinity, Bleak, Harvest, The Drapery Falls and The Funeral Portrait

EDIT:
heh heh heh I made my first post after at least 6 months of lurkage

I'm tired of the Dirge bashing. That song is pure Opeth whether it comes to the melody, the structure or the atmosphere. Dirge repetitive ? What's repetitive about it ? It's only repetitive if you can't notice or feel the subtelty of it all. I know this is all subjective but the same way drapery is an untouchable song, so should be dirge.

I vote for Harvest, its nice but it doesn't realy comepare to the other tracks on the album, though choice though, cuz Im not too crazy about the intro/outro of Drapery... or the heavy part of Dirge...

crimsonfloyd said:
I vote for Harvest, its nice but it doesn't realy comepare to the other tracks on the album, though choice though, cuz Im not too crazy about the intro/outro of Drapery... or the heavy part of Dirge...

That's bizarre, the intro/outro of Drapery is like my biggest boner Opeth moment, I am stunned:OMG: