• My Arms, Your Hearse

Votes: 32 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inconium Guard

An Apostle In Triumph
Sep 29, 2004
New Jersey, USA
It had to happen...if the thread's been done before....I don't give a shit, just vote on this one!

I actually thought long and hard about this...and I won't even vote myself until I've listened to both albums back to back on some nice equipment, because right now they're equal to me...with MAYH holding maybe a 51% to 49% lead over SL...but that changes daily haha..

MAYH. How the songs flow so fluidly together, musically and lyrically, brilliant. Still Life comes close though.

Inconium Guard,

You just had to pull this shit on us didnt you! ;)
This ones tough. Ill do a back to back listen tonight on my Sennheiser's, and ill get around to a decision tomorrow. As of now Im leaning towards Still Life. You and your polls... :tickled:

Shadows Skulk said:
choosing between them makes me sad

Me too, its like having your family kidnapped and the kidnapper saying, "which of your two kids dies first, You Decide!"

*cough*
where was I..........oh yeah I chose Still Life cuz its more Proggy

FUBAR said:
Me too, its like having your family kidnapped and the kidnapper saying, "which of your two kids dies first, You Decided!"

*cough*

hahahaha. yeah, i'll have to listen back to back, as many said, this sure is fuckin tough.

FUBAR said:
Me too, its like having your family kidnapped and the kidnapper saying, "which of your two kids dies first, You Decide!"

hahaha....yeah that's how I felt actually, which is why I haven't voted yet! I don't really care which one wins, because the important thing is that they're both great albums (maybe Opeth's best?)...

Justin S. said:
This ones tough. Ill do a back to back listen tonight on my Sennheiser's, and ill get around to a decision tomorrow. As of now Im leaning towards Still Life. You and your polls...
Justin S. said:
You have a pair of Sennheiser's as well? nice! Some great headphones there, as I can only imagine what listening to my favorite music on some sony headphones would do to me....probably make me hate everything I listen to!

FUBAR said:

*cough*

A less violent analogy is the irritating uncle asking whether you like your mother or father best, right in front of them.

So I'll take the easy way out and take Usher over either. Albums that is.

very different albums. In my mind MAYH represents cold, while SL represents warmth. I think my having bought one in summer and the other in autumn may have some influence over this opinion, but also that these sentiments are expressed throughout the album. I probably prefer each album in its respective season as well, so er, currently MAYH .

Well I finally broke down and voted for MAYH...but this is the only time I will ever pick one over the other heheh...I think it was just because White Cluster bores me a little, and IMO is not up to the standard of the rest of the tracks...this is ALMOST balanced out by the production of MAYH, which is better than Morningrise and Orchid, but still sounds on occasion like the instruments are being played underwater or something (case in point: April Ethereal)...

Needless to say, I made my choice, painfully...