Anathema - A fine day to exit

"AFDTE" is brilliant, but, IMO, just a notch or two behind "Judgement" & "Alt 4". But this placement is not due to any real weakness of "AFDTE" part, but is, rather, due to the absolute perfection of the previous two!!!! "Judge" & "Alt4" are cornerstones in the genre of "heavy melancholy".

"Exit" features what is, IMO, THE best Anathema song, EVER:
"Temporary Peace". It is purely sublime!!

"Judgement": the band themselves simply define that music as "guitar rock" (at least, as quoted in an old copy of Terrorizer magazine). It has SO MANY awesome tunes (Deep, One Last Goodbye, Dont Look too Far, Wings of God), and really, no filler.

"Alternative 4": this album is probably their most depressing, and most bleak in feeling. However, the first few tracks are actually pretty upbeat & friggin' moving (Fragile Dreams, Empty).
This album is just beautiful!

"Eternity": this one was their first real venture out of pure doom and into "heavy melancholy", so it has a few growing pains. There are some GREAT tracks here (Cries on the Wind, Eternity III, etc), but sometimes, the middle section tends to become boring.

You should D/L the folliwng tracks for an idea of these records:
Judgement:
Deep
One Last Goodbye

Alt 4:
Fragile Dreams
Regret

Eternity:
Cries on the Wind
Eternity part III

I have all Anathema albums, (not the demo's... :cry: ) and they are great from The Silent Enigma untill now... all albums have a different atmosphere, so my favourite changes by the moment, but I think it will be A Fine Day To Exit...