Anathema Live in Hamburg

tonymontana

New Metal Member
Dec 4, 2001
Germany
Visit site
Hey, I saw you yesterday in hamburg. I´m an AN.-Fan for years and I like "A fine day..."..But what was that?? Feedbacks and distortion all the time and psychedelic music.... I know, you like P. Floyd, but this was too much!! I like your music, your albums are very individual and full of deep emotions, but yesterday I didn´t saw many of them..sorry! Only strange (drug-)music the audience can´t understand..Calm down and play your kind of music..
Sorry, but it´s my duty to write this as an old fan...Bye(?)

I also saw them in Hamburg yesterday and strongly second your criticism. I consider myself open-minded, but this lengthy and psychedelic middle part of A Dying Wish was utter shit, let alone these 'jam sessions'. I'm quite disappointed.
Nevertheless I'll add the setlist - brackets mark abridged versions, two 'jam sessions' aren't noted down... and sorry, I can't remember the correct order.

Pressure
Deep
Pitiless
Forgotten Hopes
Destiny Is Dead
Looking Outside Inside
Empty
Inner Silence
(Fragile Dreams)
Angelica
Nocturnal Emission
Judgement
Leave No Trace
Make It Right (F.F.S.)
A Fine Day To Exit
Temporary Peace
---------------------
While My Guitar Gently Weeps - tribute to G.Harrison (r.i.p.)
(Born To Be Wild)
A Dying Wish - 'extended version' with spoken part of 'Shroud of Frost'
(Nowhere Man)
2000 & Gone

In Bochum they jammed in the middle of "A Dying Wish" too. It really was boring. In the middle of the set they also changed there setlist (They played "Judgement" to wake the people up.)because they recognized that there new songs aren´t live that strong as the old ones...