Anathema Re-issue

Oct 13, 2002
The Womb Of WA
Anyone know if the two Anathema demos have been issued or will be issued on CD by anyone? I use to have them both on original cassette, they were actually pretty good for older demos. An "official" CD release of these would be cool! C'mon, someone press these on a silver disc will cool artwork **cracks whip**

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

They should not do this in my opinion...
Of course it would be nice, but those demo's are past.

i am not sure i would want them released. although the demo versions of crestfallen and they die are better than the lp versions.

Luckily i have em both on cassette-i wouldn't mind them being rereleased on a cd like Cathedral did with theirs-still an important part of Anathemas history wether people like it or not-without the past you dont have the present.......or the future.

It's not a matter of liking it... why to release old stuff again...
Resonance was a bit over the edge... happy that there are some 'hard-to-find'-songs on it.... It would be better to release new versions of the songs: acoustic! :) :) :)
Releasing the same would be a fuckin ripp-off, if you really want the songs, try kazaa or something...

Originally posted by Mariner
Resonance was a bit over the edge... happy that there are some 'hard-to-find'-songs on it.... It would be better to release new versions of the songs: acoustic! :) :) :)
Releasing the same would be a fuckin ripp-off, if you really want the songs, try kazaa or something...

The two demos don't sound exactly like the stuff that was released when they got signed to a label.

Originally posted by A Journeys End
Yeah, I guess it was... I do enjoy a couple songs from their last release. However, I was very pissed off after my first listen of "A Fine Day To Release A Shitty Album"

can you imagine that some people like it? puffs! 'at one with the earth' is the one!

how can it be a rip off if a lot of people haven't got them?

And surely its better the money goes to the band than some internet company.

Originally posted by Lord S
how can it be a rip off if a lot of people haven't got them?

And surely its better the money goes to the band than some internet company.

You have a point 'bout the money... but Kazaa wouldn't get any better of it... But bands should not release loads of material just to fill their own pockets... (or recordcompany's) It's like Cradle of Filth, they released now a best of and the Bitter Suites to Succubi (I'm informed becauses I know a guy who loves them :yuk: ) And they didn't released new things... And they really had no effort to release them. And it's not because the recordcompany said they had to do it (like the Resonance's) because they released on their own lable. Disgusting behaviour :yuk:
BTW on Moonspell's site are some rare songs available for download in mp3format. Maybe that would satisfie your needs (I mine too to be honest :) )

The acoustic Resonance was a good idea but the tracklisting on the heavy one is crap.

Originally posted by A Journeys End
Anyone know if the two Anathema demos have been issued or will be issued on CD by anyone? I use to have them both on original cassette, they were actually pretty good for older demos. An "official" CD release of these would be cool! C'mon, someone press these on a silver disc will cool artwork **cracks whip**

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

A friend of mine offered to release All Faith Is Lost demo on vinyl and CD and I asked some of the lads about it but got no response. Its a pity cos that demo is better than The Crestfallen EP and Serenades.
If its too heavy then I'll release it on my label, take the bass end out and replace the vocals with Badly Drawn Boy samples. Ok girls?