Rare Anathema songs

Metal88

Final Flash!
Nov 4, 2001
Fuckville
Visit site
I have heard of many Anathema songs that don't appear on regular versions of albums. One that I like alot is supposedly on some version of Alternative 4 and that is the orchestral version of The Silent Enigma. Does anyone know which Alt 4 cd I should be looking for? Most internet sites that have different versions listed don't have track listings. Since I don't have any Anathema albums yet, should I look for any special song-containing version of other albums? What are your favorite rare Anathema songs?

Originally posted by Metal88
I have heard of many Anathema songs that don't appear on regular versions of albums. One that I like alot is supposedly on some version of Alternative 4 and that is the orchestral version of The Silent Enigma. Does anyone know which Alt 4 cd I should be looking for? Most internet sites that have different versions listed don't have track listings. Since I don't have any Anathema albums yet, should I look for any special song-containing version of other albums? What are your favorite rare Anathema songs?

The only 100% reliable source of information about Anathema is the official homepage. Check it out for full discography and info.

My personal fave is "Better Off Dead" (Bad Religion cover) which was originally released on Peaceville 10 year anniversary compilation titled "X" (which isn't that common really). Now this and other "rare" tracks are available on "Resonance"

ah.....that's a pretty detailed discography on the homepage, excellent! Now all I gotta do is find a japaneese or german import of Alt 4 if it's not too expensive, whaddya think, Gemm?

Originally posted by Metal88
ah.....that's a pretty detailed discography on the homepage, excellent! Now all I gotta do is find a japaneese or german import of Alt 4 if it's not too expensive, whaddya think, Gemm?

It is complete discography. Japanese/German importas might be hard to find and they might be even out of print.