o old anathema, where did thoust go?

I'll have to disagree with the latter, but I'll DEFINITELY agree with you about restless oblivion and a dying wish. those are my favorites on that album :). You might like PIII if you liked Silent Enigma. The lyrics are kind of trippy, but the music is phenominal.

Old Anathema are gone. Get over it! I too love sleepless, sweet tears, crestfallen, kingdom, 666, shroud of frost, sunset of age, a dying wish and many other songs from those days but they are history. And A4 is their masterpiece.

Originally posted by Bambi
who you calling newer fans?? old stuff is neat. new stuff is far neater. thats called progression :)

spot on mate. the pharoes are gone! den den duuuuurrr :mad:

The thing that I love about Anathema is that whatever style they have chosen so far is excellent. I love every single song in every single album (apart from pressure :D :D ). So I don't mind them changing style... Anyway, PIII, Silent Enigma are albums so perfect that I do not know if they continued playing this style whether it would be as good as our expectations would be. Changing style was like a breeze of fresh air... Something new... Something different. And the change was actually a successful one, cause other bands have done it but with not such a good result. And think that if they hadn't changed their style Alternative 4 would not have been released...

Anyway, this is just imho so don't start flaming me...

Take care :)

you're right sol...A4 is tye best one so far, i'm currently trying to make the next one as least as good as that! or the best we can possibly do anyway. theres enough tunes the rest is down to us.