Anathema & Old Doom

Originally posted by godisanathiest
Anthony, Anthony, who's anthony? He's my drummer (hehe, I loved that film)

No what I meant to say is pentecost 3 and the crestfallen ep really rock! Do u know what the tragedy they mention in the inlay?

Sorry, I was out of inet long time...No, I don't! I know, that they dedicated this albs to someone, I'll try to know some more next time!

John Douglas is a strange type... I've read a Metal Hammer interview with Anathema, and some of the interviewed musicians included their top 5 playlists, and John listens to real shitty pop like Steps and so on... but on the other hand, he is responsible for works like "Wings of God", so who knows.

--------------------------------------
NP: Jeff Buckley - Grace

Originally posted by D Mullholand
John Douglas is a strange type... I've read a Metal Hammer interview with Anathema, and some of the interviewed musicians included their top 5 playlists, and John listens to real shitty pop like Steps and so on... but on the other hand, he is responsible for works like "Wings of God", so who knows.

Thats quite disturbing :s

Try to listen "Primitive " of Soulfly, one song is a sraight shitty rap!
This is the example of bad influence of eclectic tastes ! Also guys from Dark Tranquillity listen such a shit:p ! And make great music. I think they just grow old, and they can't listen only death metal as it was when they were young.

Originally posted by godisanathiest
Some of the songs he mentions on the inlay of judgment are bob dylan,. the stones, charles manson, the eurythmics, monty python and sex pistols, so I think its fair to say he has eclectic tastes!

Ah, that's okay, no real shit here. But the ones he mentioned in Metal Hammer were, as I remember, much much worse.

But Anthony is right - maybe he needs poop musikk as a therapy musikk, as functional musick, who knows... And if he writes songs like "Wings of God", then fuck it all ! :)

D Mullholand, a dead composer
-------------------------------------
NP: The Doors - Waiting for the Sun