Hehe, Anathema and My Dying Bride should sue Lacrimas Profundere big time:

Anathema - Eternity pt 2:
Destiny, Infinity, Eternity

Lacrimas Profundere - Infinity:
It's nothing
Alone
And everything
...Infinity cannot be Eternity

In this one, the music sounds like a Silent Enigma (album, not song) rip-off.

In the rest of the songs, they're using 'typical MDB and Anathema words' all the time.

Also songtitles are pretty funny:
LP - Under Your --- MDB - Under Your Wings and into my Arms
LP - Sear me Pale Sun --- MDB - Sear me
LP - And her Enigma --- Anathema - The Silent Enigma
LP - All your Radiance --- Anathema - Radiance
LP - Black Swans --- MDB - Turn Loose the Swans
LP - The Crown of Leaving --- MDB - The Crown of Sympathy

There might be more of em...
I like their album Memorandum though, it's like The Silent Enigma part 2 :heh:

Am not against "Ripoff Bands" if they do a great work, I would like them, how is their last album??

Also some people says Saturnus is a copy of MDB , doesn't matter more ala MDB stuff for me!! and they kick *ss!!! :hotjump:

John Carvajal said:
Am not against "Ripoff Bands" if they do a great work, I would like them, how is their last album??

Also some people says Saturnus is a copy of MDB , doesn't matter more ala MDB stuff for me!! and they kick *ss!!! :hotjump:

Don't see it, makes more sense to say Anathema rip-offs. Besides they name Anathema their favourites.

Ivo said:
lack of originality into music is a sad thing..
define me art. there's no such thing that can be original. no new music, art, stories are created, cos everything has been done already. it's just a matter of tastes and skills to represent that taste in a form that hasnt been composed/encollaged in that specific manner. the amount of influence from what's already been settled signifies whether you are able to compile your own ideas.

toolsofthetrade said:
define me art. there's no such thing that can be original. no new music, art, stories are created, cos everything has been done already. it's just a matter of tastes and skills to represent that taste in a form that hasnt been composed/encollaged in that specific manner. the amount of influence from what's already been settled signifies whether you are able to compile your own ideas.

what you said is a clear example of how wrong it is to generalise. everything has already been done? thats not true.take any form of art: be it literature, be it music, painting...still you get some fascinating, unheard, unseen pieces of art.
take music, according to what you said any musician who uses the chord progression Am-G-F-E is unoriginal.

what ivo said is true. being a cheap copy is definitely NOT good. there's still much to be explored in ANY form of art.

Don Corleone said:
what you said is a clear example of how wrong it is to generalise. everything has already been done? thats not true.take any form of art: be it literature, be it music, painting...still you get some fascinating, unheard, unseen pieces of art.
take music, according to what you said any musician who uses the chord progression Am-G-F-E is unoriginal.

what ivo said is true. being a cheap copy is definitely NOT good. there's still much to be explored in ANY form of art.
aye that's what i said. it's all in the painter's palette.
there's nothing 'new' to it, cos the ideas are basically not genuine.
it's a re-definition of what has been done. based on former arty utterings indirectly like

isnt it great, like a kid. all brand new, clean system, ready to be used, squeeking just here and there...
after a cplf of years, could do with a paint job, some fresh tyres and that...