Anathema Vs Antimatter

Anathema Vs Antimatter

• Anathema

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Antimatter

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
what's the question?

if it is: 'Who has the most members?' i say anathema..

if it is.. 'Who's bringing out a new album and hopefully a small tour with that?' i say Antimatter

marginalé said:
what's the question?

if it is: 'Who has the most members?' i say anathema..

if it is.. 'Who's bringing out a new album and hopefully a small tour with that?' i say Antimatter

Neither.

"i refuse to believe in some of the things that are set to be here, let alone those that are not..."
that sounded sooooooo fucking deep:)

insidethefall said:
Not an easy question, Antimatter kind of started where Anathema left off (quality wise)

What do you mean? After A Fine Day To Exit?
I think that ANBD has some great moments.

Rensei said:
What do you mean? After A Fine Day To Exit?
I think that ANBD has some great moments.
AFDtE has it's moments, there is some really good stuff on there, but also some of the blandest songs anathema ever wrote. I would say 'Leave no trace' and 'Temporary Peace' are examples of awesome songs. 'Looking outside Inside' and 'Pressure' are really bad, I really hate the latter. A Natural Disaster is more of a complete album, there's a nice atmosphere running through it but I can't think of one song, besides the title track, that really stands out...it's kind of monotonous and influenced too much by radiohead.

insidethefall said:
AFDtE has it's moments, there is some really good stuff on there, but also some of the blandest songs anathema ever wrote. I would say 'Leave no trace' and 'Temporary Peace' are examples of awesome songs. 'Looking outside Inside' and 'Pressure' are really bad, I really hate the latter. A Natural Disaster is more of a complete album, there's a nice atmosphere running through it but I can't think of one song, besides the title track, that really stands out...it's kind of monotonous and influenced too much by radiohead.
It's funny how Pressure is so unpopular. Do you think its cos it was the opening track?

EdenKriss said:
Nah, i think its because there was all this fuss about it with it being released as a single, which didnt really got anywhere...
Yeah I think that was a bad move as well, should have been Release, but as the album opener its gonna be most peoples first listen. I know loads of people who hate that track, its weird.

I prefer AFDtE over AND. For me it works better as an Album, with a kind of a red line (@insidethefall funny you see it the other way around). Speaking of single songs, you can't really compare both albums, either has some good quality stuff.

About a comparison of Antimatter and Anathema. Well does it really matter? It does make no sense anyway.