Ancient Dreams - New Demo Available For Streaming

Pate

Feb 27, 2006
10407970_742104605849743_8087076541999009002_n.jpg

Last edited:
A few thoughts:

This might be the quietest recording I've ever heard.

Up until now, I thought "Death Maiden" was called "Death Raider."

Al seems pretty bored singing "Crimson Flag."

Why didn't you record "Medusa's Stare?" That's obviously your best song.

Thanks for all the feedback. Yeah, it is quite quiet. Maybe we started a new genre called "softcore." Rest assured that following this demo we plan to finish writing for a proper release. Glad to hear you guys enjoy Medusa's Stare. Stay tuned.

First song isn't bad. Second song I'm not a fan of. What really kills that second song, and I told Pat this is that Al does not sound good at all, particularly at the end. It's not that he's a bad singer, but he's completely out of his range there.

I'm sure that Fuseli's art is open source and not protected under the copyright laws, as is John Martin and tons of other classic artists, so nothing wrong with using it.

Yes, thanks for the feedback.......

We have rough demos of some of our other tracks, including Medusa's Stare. As Pat said though, the next step will definitely be to get to an actual studio.

These songs were chosen as they are more of a contrast musically to the previous demo, and also came out the best out of the rough demo recordings.

The source of the painting is cited on the physical release that will first be available this weekend. And yes, it is indeed part of the Public Domain. I know we certainly don't look it, but we aren't THAT dumb!!! LOL