Ancient Dreams - Traditional Metal from Chicago

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
And yours truly!!!
For those of you who don't know, Ancient Dreams is a hybrid of traditional heavy metal and traditional doom, from the Chicagoland area.

We feature some folks you guys may know, such as myself on bass, Al Rybka (Met-Al) on vocals, Pat Gloeckle on drums (modernwizardry), Lee Smith (pate) on guitars, and Rick on guitars who was with me in Ghost in the Ruins.

Please check out our demo and let us know what you think......

http://ancientdreamsmetal.bandcamp.com/album/mmxiii

And for fun, here is video of us performing ANGEL WITCH at this years Ragnarokkr Metal Apocalypse with some guest vocal assistance from JP of Borrowed Time:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, DemonOfTheWoods! I'm glad you like what you heard. It's definitely nice to be in an active original band again. We definitely have more of an old school vibe, but I think some people who lurk around here can dig it.

I guess I should have a signature like Jason's, but for one thing, I figure that Jason posts on here about 10,000 times more than I do, so everybody sees it enough already! Besides, it's a wonder that I even know how to make online forum posts! Maybe I'll learn how to finally put up an avatar under my user name! There's a goal for today!

On a final note, if anyone is going to be in the Chicago area next Friday and wants to buy a ticket to the show we're playing with Leatherwolf, please send one of us a private message. Jason's obviously the easiest one to reach, but we all check the Ultimate Metal forum on a frequent basis. Thanks for listening!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the return of the man with the biggest dick on the internet, Bob Byrne!:fu:

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Hahaha. Good ole' Uncle Bob.

Yeah. Things are going very well. Very excited.
After LeatherWolf we go into hibernation to finish writing for our debut full length which will come out tentatively Spring 2014.
Friday will be our last gig until Midwest Metal Anthem in September.

Thanks again for checking it out.