Leatherwolf w/ Ancient Dreams Friday June 14

I agree, WAY too long. That's why I said I had enough ant left at 1:20. What time did they finish?

I think you left earlier than that since I left a little around that time and they were on the last song. No reason a show like that needs to go that late. It was funny this one guy jason and I know who was there was saying the same thing happened last time he was there as well.

The show last night was a lot of fun.
I agree that the show ran too late and that there were too many openers.
We have been through this before.
These venues are not at all interested in building a metal scene.
They book headliners who need to be paid and rely on locals who will "guarantee" enough to cover their cost.

That being said the turnout was really good.
The promoter told me there were about 125 paid.
Seems like people were coming and going throughout the night.

We had a pretty good show we feel.
The only complaint was the mix, or lack their of, in the floor monitors.
None of us could here each other and there were a couple spots where our timings got off.
Oh well. What can you do?

It was a good show for us.
Most importantly the promoter said afterwards he liked us.
We got offered a couple other gigs on the spot.

Penny Road is a cool place actually. Ins and outs, nice beer garden, good food, etc.

LeatherWolf started a bit off, but really kicked into gear!!'
They put on a good show and played most of Street Ready which made me happy.
The guys were really cool and down to earth.
Most who were there at the end of their set stuck around and BS'd for a while.

I didn't get home til 3am and paid for it today!

we all understand how it works with them not "building a scene" but it does detour many from going to these types of shows.

Leatherwolf / Vicious Rumors and Seven Witches are playing Chicago on Sept 25th. Can't find yet where though. Hopefully somewhere in the city and not Bobby McGee's or something.

we all understand how it works with them not "building a scene" but it does detour many from going to these types of shows.

Oh I totally agree...
Though you still constantly bring it up as if you expect it to change.

I mean seriously name one venue who truly cares about the scene?
The only time there is a true "scene" show is if someone rents out a venue for the evening.

Leatherwolf / Vicious Rumors and Seven Witches are playing Chicago on Sept 25th. Can't find yet where though. Hopefully somewhere in the city and not Bobby McGee's or something.

I really hope this does go down.
I asked their drummer and he didn't know any specifics.

LW started out a bit slow but they really kicked it into high gear as the set went on.

I used to really like Seven Witches, esp in the Rivera years.
Would be curious to see what they are like these days.