Damien Thorne/WinterHawk/Ancient Dreams/Olorin - Friday Feb 7

Jesus christ. When we get 4-6 inches of snow, we say "thank fuck that's all it is" and get our asses on the roads. Don't think for a second that we don't have ice build-up out here, from all the thawing/refreezing when we get the odd decent day. I'm looking out at my backyard and I can't even remember what the last time I saw my BBQ was

blah blah blah.

Don't care what the hell the weather is, but I know I will be finding out about it on the Channel 5 10 O'clock news!!!!!

cheryl-scott-624x463.jpg

Jesus christ. When we get 4-6 inches of snow, we say "thank fuck that's all it is" and get our asses on the roads. Don't think for a second that we don't have ice build-up out here, from all the thawing/refreezing when we get the odd decent day. I'm looking out at my backyard and I can't even remember what the last time I saw my BBQ was

Dekalb was supposed to get like 15 inches of snow from Friday-Wednesday and I think we got about 2-4 on Friday/Saturday and a little pissing tonight. People are fucked when it comes to snow. If a single snowflake falls people freak the fuck out like madmen. I'm contemplating driving out in this weather right now, while quite drunk, just to prove to myself that I am a better driver drunk than most people all with a quarter of an inch of snow.

BTW Bob, Olórin doesn't want you there to heckle us anyways :heh:

Dekalb was supposed to get like 15 inches of snow from Friday-Wednesday and I think we got about 2-4 on Friday/Saturday and a little pissing tonight. People are fucked when it comes to snow. If a single snowflake falls people freak the fuck out like madmen. I'm contemplating driving out in this weather right now, while quite drunk, just to prove to myself that I am a better driver drunk than most people all with a quarter of an inch of snow.

BTW Bob, Olórin doesn't want you there to heckle us anyways :heh:

:kickass:

Overall it went very well...

It started out bumpy!
Literally right when I sat down in my car Ken from Damien Thorne called me to inform me they had to cancel. Illness in the band.

So, we had to immediately coordinate with the owner, soundman, and doorman what we should do. They simply asked we keep a 3 band bill, and move the start time to 10PM instead of 9PM.

This was actually a good idea, since it was still pretty thin at 9PM.

Winterhawk really wanted to NOT play last.
they informed me of this when I first asked them to play.
Therefore, the running order became Olorin, Winterhawk, and us playing last.

All bands brought their "A" game.

Olorin - playing with a new drummer who only had a couple practices. He did a great job. I noticed a few more up tempo tracks compared to what was performed at Ragnarokkr. Good job fellas

Winterhawk - If you are a fan and missed it, I am sorry! They played most of Revival for the first time ever in preparation of their appearance at Up the Hammers in Greece coming up. Not sure if that will ever happen again. Their bassist handles the high vocals and kept stressing how much of a challenge it was (and it sure as hell is!!!) He did a good job. Though I don't expect this to be the norm for their setlist. Jordan and Winterhawk are truly a class act. All they cared about was playing. I even had to remind them at the end of the night to get their pay!!!!!!!!

Ancient Dreams - We closed out the night. As expected the majority of the crowd had come for Winterhawk, and rightfully so. Unfortunately, it was already after midnight so the crowd started to thin. There were still a decent sized crowd there for us. We ended up playing all our 7 originals as well as pulling Angel Witch back into the live set. It was funny, when we kicked into Angel Witch a handful of folks who were outside smoking ran back in. I was very pleased with our performance!!! This was actually the first show with our complete lineup since last June!

I really dig BrauerHouse more and more. The sound there is great. The soundman Brian (who some may know him from his days in Ion Vein) is very accomodating. Everything sounded top notch in the monitors which is very rare these days. All the staff there was great to work with.

Funny you mention that Jason. We played the EXACT same set at Ragnarrokr. We actually slowed down a few songs like The Endless Stair and Descension due to us usually playing them waaaaaaay too fast live. Hopefully the next time you'll see us we'll put in some new tracks in there. We've got 3 new tracks in the works that we hope to record over spring break and hopefully release over the summer. We really just need more money to go into a studio and record our full-length we've (basically) had finished for a while.

But enough about that shit. I totally agree with everything Jason said. I really love the Brauerhouse. Great location from Dekalb, excellent sound, and super awesome staff. I don't know about our sound, but Winterhawk was crisp and nearly perfect. In Ancient Dreams though I thought Rick was a touch too loud, but that just could have been where I was standing. Loved when you guys brought out Glamdring! Olórin needs to work on getting a sword/staff in our performance.