Ancient places and tales from your area...

Originally posted by Blackspirit

Yay! Exactly! It's too big!! I want one that is simple,
yet interesting :eek:) And silver --> must have! :eek:)

I used to wear rings all the time earlier, but not
anymore... I lost my favourite one, I was crushed!
hehe... So, no more rings for me, until I find the
perfect one again :eek:)

Well, you could have one made for you. If you have some old ruined silver chains or some rings that you just don't like anymore, you can deliver them to a goldsmith and have them made into your own perfect hammer. If you have the silver yourself, it won't be that expensive, but of course, it will cost a bit anyway... :)

But if it'll be a medieval market in Oslo this year to, there might be a chance there'll be some nice ones there. I saw some there last year, and the year before that, to. :)

Originally posted by YMIR

@Fleischwolf: cool you go to the forest by night. I like to do that too. When the night is not cold anymore I'd like to sleep in the forest for a day. that would be really cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe you did that before???

yeah, i did that before, but it's been quite a while since the last time! we do some parties on the castle Rauheneck from time to time, but since i live so close to it, i usually decide to go home, when the party's over! :) :D :) :D

I don't really see why it sould be more scary to walk in a forest at night than in day. The forset's still the same. -So you could trip over smth that you didn't see, but you _could_ do that in daytime to. And it's the same about cemetaries. All the ppl there are dead, and nothing to worry about! There can be ppl out in night and you don't see them, but they wouldn't see you any more. -Unless they have some sort of dark-glasses or smth.......

Ay, well, just a thought...

*yawn* Waking up this morning I realised that I totally forgot about a great tale from this area here :) It's from some place about 5 km north of my town - Roslau, formerly known as Rozelowe :)

I came to know about this tale from some Doom Metal band CD - Cryptic Carnage's - Rozelowe :)

It's about the duke of Rozelowe that falls in love with a peasants daughter. He sees ehr one day when he returns to his castle from a hunt and she catches his attention. When he askes her father about her he says that she will get married soon. But the duke doesn't want to let her go. After even the duke's sorcerer isn't able to make the duke forget about her or still his desire, he simply calls for "Primae Noctis" - the first night with this woman. But she refuses him this right and is put in chains for this disobedience. And even when she's in chains, she would refuse to become the duke's wife, cause of loyalty to her husband. So, the duke has her husband and father executed before her eyes so she would give in to his wishes, but she still refuses. Enraged, the duke has her beheaded as well.
Some says later the duke regrets all his decisions and vows that he wants to be a just ruler from then on... till again some days later he finds some poachers in his woods who are hunting without permission. He has them killed right there...

I like that story alot, and the album is also GREAT! :) :)

About Veleda from the Externsteine...

Veleda was a prophetess among the ancient Germanics of whom the historian Tacitus spoke, "She exercises a great authority, for women have been held here from ancient times to be prophetic, and, by excessive superstition, divine. The fame of Veleda stood on the highest elevation, for she foretold to the Germans a prosperous issue, but to the legions their destruction! Veleda dwelt upon a high tower, whence messengers were dispatched bearing her oracular counsels to those who sought them; but she herself was rarely seen, and none was allowed to approach her. Cercalis is said to have secretly begged her to let the Romans have better success in the war. In the reign of Emperor Vespasian she was honored as a goddess."

Veleda predicted the success of Claudius Civilis in the Batavian Revolt (69-70 AD) and the fall of the Roman Empire. A.G.H.

http://www.sungaya.de/schwarz/germanen/veleda.htm <-- in German

Originally posted by Morgana
Most historical places in my area are the Teutoburger Forest and the Externsteine... empire of Hel...
But I have many other places around here too...
Try to post links here, but most stuff is in German...
I have posted some links before in other threads (e.g. pic thread)

http://www.sacredsites.com/2nd56/368.html <-- in English

That place looks awesome!!! I'd like to go there on
a warm summerday and sit on the cold spots in the
shadow! Yum! :eek:) But is that place available for
everyone at all times, or how does it work?

I just find that really important, I hate to have to
pay for ancient things like this, we all deserve to
see them and enjoy them every day if we like, as
long as we don't try to ruin anything :eek:)

That's a bit sad here in Norway. They found a lot of
runes and ancient drawings, but they are slowly
fading away cause too many people want to touch
them etc. I know I would want to touch them as
well, so who am I to talk?! hehe... >:eek:P

well, the Externsteine, if you come the normal way from the road to Hel, then they charce you money if you come by car for the parking. If you use the "backsite" parking is free. :)

During the day you pay a little amount if you want to go up the Externsteine... but that's about 1,- €, that's ok, they take care of it therefore. You can walk round the area there for free and after 18.00 H you be able to go up the first rock/stone for free. There is a lot to see when you just walk around without paying, but it is worth to go up!!! you can overview the hole landscape. The beauty - so breath taking...
well, the steps too! *lol*
You have to be very careful on the steps, esp. when you go down!!!

I won't be able to go up there for quite a while :cry:
nor will I get there for the next 7-10 weeks...