And his body hit the floor

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
DROWNING POOL Singer Found Dead - Aug. 14, 2002

DROWNING POOL singer Dave Williams was found dead on the band's tour bus Wednesday afternoon (August 14th), according to a spokesperson for the group. He was 30 years old.

The Dallas quartet was on tour with Ozzfest when Williams' body was discovered. Ozzfest had played the Verizon Wireless Music Center in Noblesville, Indiana, on Tuesday.

A cause of death has yet to be determined.

I just heard about this on the radio and MTV2 EXTREME ROCK showed all of Drowning Pool's video's last night. I had the T.V. on but was listening to Skinlab's "revolting room" on my headphones and drinking a few Coors Light's and I was wondering why all of Drowning Pool's videos were being shown, little did I realize Dave Williams was dead. I really didn't like Drowning Pool, but I hate to hear about anyone dying so young. I met C.J. Pierce, Drowning Pool guitarist, during the "Music As A Weapon" tour with Systematic, Adema, Stereomud, Drowning Pool, and Disturbed. A friend begged me to go because he likes all the bands but I only like Systematic and some Stereomud. Anyway, C.J. was walking around in the crowd outside the venue and I noticed him and he came up and talked to me. He told security, "Watch that guy" refering to me. I don't know why, I guess he knew I was buzzed. Also, this teenage girl in line behind us met him too and she freaked out and carried on and said "Oh my God, I can't believe I met him." My friend and I just rolled our eyes and started laughing.

"And His Body Hit the Floor"...sick,but not as sick as the title of Lonn Friend's article in Metal Edge about the death of Layne Staley-"Layne's Addiction";now THAT'S sick!
I heard about that yesterday,there were 3 different topics, at this other forum I'm registered at,about Dave Williams.But I didn't think that there would be any here since not many of you all are into Drowning Pool.I have their cd,it's okay,I'm not a big fan of theirs,though.But it's a shame that he died pretty young,and that the band only released one cd.So that sucks for Drowning Pool's major fans that they'll never get to hear anymore music from the original band line-up.I'd like to know what killed him,though.I don't think he was involved w/hardcore drugs like heroin or cocaine.Maybe it was something involving alcohol cause most everyone nowadays drinks heavily and all.