And how about Philly? Who's going?

enchantme

New Metal Member
Jan 19, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
Hey there, everyone. Been browsing/lurking for some time.

Been an Opeth fan for a long time now, but the Philadelphia show will be the first time to see them live.
Strangely, (I live in Pennsylvania) this will be my first time at the Trocadero as well. Any dirt? Parking, coat-checks, atmosphere, etc.

Enjoy your respective shows!

I'll be at the Philly show. This will be my third time seeing Opeth. Saw them twice with Nevermore last year, on their "Blackwater Park" tour.

I've been to the Troc a bunch of times. It's one of my favorite local venues. They have an upstairs balcony area. There is movie theater style seating upstairs and a small standing area behind those seats. Upstairs is the only place in the club where you can buy drinks, and you can't bring them downstairs with you. The downstairs is all standing room. The sound system and stage are excellent. Expect a pit in the middle of the floor. Also expect a good reaction to Tapping the Vein as Philly is their home town.

GZ

I'm going with two of my friends - I'll be the 6'0" lanky, brown haired, shaggy-lookin guy with the Still Life t-shirt on, walking around with one scrawny friend and one chubby friend with glasses... I'm pretty easy to spot I guess.

I've been to the Troc once before to see Rollins Band; it's a pretty small venue, but the good thing is that you can get a good view of the band without even going near the front of the stage. The pit area where everybody gathers and some mosh is lower than in the back where the soundguy is, so you can actually get a better overall view from further away, without having to mix it up with all the sweaty people. See ya there!

Okay, I look forward to it. Thanks for the info. I've been to these type of gutted theater venues before and much prefer them for precisely the reason that Cynical Bastard mentions.
I'll be the guy with any number of metal shirts on (probably Emperor or Cryptopsy), 5'9''ish, long dark hair (go figure), wire-rimmed glasses, and with a girl whose hair color I cannot even begin to predict.
We'll probably be walking down from the 15th and Green St. area and pretty cold at that.

I'll be there as well. I'm mad easy to spot too..'cause my bag's got shitloads of pins on it (both on the front and on the strap), and my jacket's a normal blue with a black and white stripe running across it..lol. Possibly will be the ONLY "normal" looking, not-wearing-black-clothing person (let alone, girl) there.

As for pat-downs at the Troc, it's not all that bad. I think as long as you keep the recorder well hidden in a spot where they won't possibly check, it'll be fine. The bouncers there are pretty cool.

Front of the pants always works for me:p

I'll be there. I'll be there probably three hours before the show, till three hours after the show. Screw the cold, I'm meeting one of my favorite bands, damnit!

I'll probably be wearing black cargos, combat boots, leather biker jacket, and whatever shirt I feel like wearing that day. Gee, I won't be hard to spot, will I?

Ohhhhh...one more thing. The Troc has this really gay rule about how the line can't really start until half an hour before doors open (last time I checked...which was in october, this was still in effect).

No shit. When I found that rule out for the first time, it was last April for a Candiria show. Arrived 2 and a half hours before doors opened, read the stupid sign with the rule on it, then had to wander around the streets trying to think of possible places to go nearby where I could waste time at.

Hmmm... If that absolutely fucking gay rule (upping the ante a bit) still stands, it may actually alter my plans. Wait, I'm sure if I mill around enough (if only to keep warm), keeping close to a supposed place in line, they can't accuse me of...well,...of standing in line, can they?

do the troc still have the $5 coupons for the parking lot next to it? i remember the last time i went there, i parked at the parking lot next to that lot and paid $15 and then i found out that the troc had coupons....

also, anyone have any clue about the status of the tickets at the troc? on opeth's site, they said that some shows are selling out so now im a bit nervous about if its sold out already....should've asked my parents to get tickets since they were just in chinatown today :(

Call up and ask tomorrow, dude. The number's on the troc website. If there's still tickets available, I suggest going early (it's kinda nerve-wracking when you're not too sure how many tickets are left the night of a show and you're stuck at the end of the long-ass line to get in).

was gonna call today but for some reason their site wasn't loading up for me till a few min ago so i'll call tommorow. i have school (and i live outside of atlantic city) so i can only get there as early as 4 :( hopefully there will still be tickets by then. at least it never seems to be any line for tickets at the troc (i mean buying before a show, not when its gonna start soon). hopefully i'll see u guys there :)
btw, anyone know about the parking coupon? just wonderin cuz that would be more money in my pockets to buy cds ;)