Who is going tomorrow night in philly?!

Feb 5, 2004
Just checking in to see all who will be attending the opeth show @ the troc. in philly tomorrow??? It will be my 5th time seeing them but from what the japan/aussie setlists have been it will be incredible!!! I would love to see wreath(since I missed the prog. nation tour) and Hessian Peel (It is probably my faviorite on watershed)
Well I will try my best to remember anything of interest and the setlist
Everyone going have a blast and be safe.

~Sean
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

im going tomorrow and im sure it will be a great concert. Im not looking forward to the opening bands and wow if hessian peel is going to be played on this tour that would be pretty nice because its my fav on watershed. Im sure they are leaning towards heir apperent and the lotus eater though...

This is the first time I am seeing opeth so I am very excited.

i flew in from south carolina for the troc show...can't wait. this will be my 5th show. vegas in october will be my 6th :)

I was an exchange student in the suburbs of Philly and went to see Megadeth and Sabbath at Wachovia arena last year. I wasnt introduced to Opeth back then and missed their Philly gig which would have been neat since they dont come to Lebanon where I am now.
Whats troc though?

The Trocadero is in 10th Arch Street in Chinatown. It is a pretty small venue... a lot smaller than the wachovia center. I saw Symphony X, Fear Factory, Children of Bodom, Amon Amarth, Trivium, Lamb of God, Nightwish all over there. I go to college very close to the Troc so it is very convinient for me but right now i am also in the suburbs and im bout to leave in a few minutes to go to the concert.

Ill be wearing a tool tshirt :)

Overall it was a great show, I had a great time. The songs I especialy enjoyed were Hope Leaves and Demon of the Fall. I was kind of disapoitned with grand conjuration because i am not really a big fan of that song. The crowd was INSANEEEEE, the mosh pits almost took the whole area!!!! The sound was pretty decent I thought, sometimes the bass was too loud but i mean its all good. OMG Akerfeldt is such a funny guy. He was bustin on Mendez's chops the whole night and was just cracking jokes between every song. This was overall a great night but I hated the opening bands... Thanks to Opeth for a great show!

Heir Apparent
Grand Conjuration
Serenity Painted Death
Hope Leaves
The Lotus Eater
Bleak
The Night and the Silent Water
Deliverance
Demon of the Fall
The Drapery Falls (encore)

epic setlist...ha/tgc/spd/tle/deliverance were all crushing. and I really liked the new rendition of hope leaves that they're doing

edit: anybody know what nachtmystium's set was? I completely missed it. anybody here talk to blake/jeff when they were at the merch table between hof and opeth?

Overall it was a great show, I had a great time. The songs I especialy enjoyed were Hope Leaves and Demon of the Fall. I was kind of disapoitned with grand conjuration because i am not really a big fan of that song. The crowd was INSANEEEEE, the mosh pits almost took the whole area!!!! The sound was pretty decent I thought, sometimes the bass was too loud but i mean its all good. OMG Akerfeldt is such a funny guy. He was bustin on Mendez's chops the whole night and was just cracking jokes between every song. This was overall a great night but I hated the opening bands... Thanks to Opeth for a great show!

Heir Apparent
Grand Conjuration
Serenity Painted Death
Hope Leaves
The Lotus Eater
Bleak
The Night and the Silent Water
Deliverance
Demon of the Fall
The Drapery Falls (encore)

disgusting set list. so mad i couldnt be there

A great show...by Opeth.

I am a big fan of Nachtmystium, but I guess their music just doesn't translate well in a live setting, or maybe it was their setup, idk. Pretty disappointing though.

High on Fire - *sigh* I don't want to bash, because Matt was really polite and respectful to the crowd, but I was absolutely bored to TEARS during their set. I couldn't wait for it to end. Their music is just so...blah :ill: By the time they finished, I was focused more on the moshers than the music, LOL. The mosh pit got a bit nutz!

Opeth - FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!!! Worth every cent and more. Mike had his humor going, as always, and they were tight as hell! Honestly, I think Fred is such a great fit, I don't even really miss Peter anymore. Axe was dead on, and Mendez was low-key and just doin' his thing. Per was headbanging his ass off - I love watching that dude! You rock, Per!

Hope Leaves was tremendous - Fred's solo at the end was pretty sweet. I was listening to see if any douche would yell out "Black Rose Immortal", but didn't hear it :p. Somebody yelled out "The Final Countdown" - that got a good laugh.

Oh, and Mike said we were all so "fucking cute", LOL. Thanks guys for a great show!!!!! :headbang:

Anyone else disappointed/notice that Hopes Leaves was played without a capo? I guess Mikael didn't want to sing it as high and fuck up his voice but it kinda took away the magic of the song for me. The guitar part was much lower, you could hardly hear it. That kind of stuff usually doesn't bother me but for that song it did.

oh damn i didnt even notice that the capo wasnt there but it didnt really hurt for me. This song def. stood out for me at the concert because its one of my favs on damnation and one of my fav opeth songs too.

Great vantage point! Were you in that teeny-tiny VIP section?

In the one image you got Fred w/head back - looks like he's roaring like a demon :heh:

Yeah, in the teeny-tiny VIP section. Good for a view (except for Per who was obscured by the fan,) not great for sound. It was hard to hear Mikael when he talked and some Fred's solos got lost in the muddiness.

All the guys in the band are very nice, polite, and very very funny.

Anyone else disappointed/notice that Hopes Leaves was played without a capo? I guess Mikael didn't want to sing it as high and fuck up his voice but it kinda took away the magic of the song for me. The guitar part was much lower, you could hardly hear it. That kind of stuff usually doesn't bother me but for that song it did.

I thought it sounded lower...