And Saturday night went to.........Primal Fear

FatesFan

Dec 18, 2004
Even though Matt Sinner was an ass to me on Friday, I have to give them Saturday night. They were awesome! However, I could very easily give it to After Forever as they were equally as good. Over all, it was an awesome night.

The all star King Diamond cover was the highlight of the cover songs for me.

What a show.....thanks Glen! I am going to sleep.

To me, every band kicked complete and total ass on Saturday. Tough to pick a favorite, though I'll probably go with Threshold, since we sponsored them and I had really wanted to see them for years, and they did not disappoint.

The surprise of the night was Firewind. They were amazing. Hell, everybody was.

dt

Firewind was friggin incredible. Gus G was amazing, as well as the rhythm/lead guitarist/keyboardist! And the singing was excellent by both. I loved their set. One of my favorites of the festival. Truly great band with fun, catchy songs and insane playing.

And yeah I loved every band I saw. Primal Fear was excellent as was After Forever. I skipped out on Threshold after about 3 songs to go get some food. No offense to them, just was time to do so and didn't want to miss Primal Fear.

Firewind was good. I did not know much from them and was quite suprised. The step in singer did a great job from what I could tell.

Primal Fear tonight - best performance I've ever seen at PP. That includes Nightwish's first US appearance ever, Evergrey that year, etc etc. Absolutely freaking amazing. I wet my pants when they busted out "Iron Fist In A Velvet Glove". Patrick Parris scored me a setlist which I got signed, and I'll post it later.

Primal Fear tonight - best performance I've ever seen at PP. That includes Nightwish's first US appearance ever, Evergrey that year, etc etc. Absolutely freaking amazing. I wet my pants when they busted out "Iron Fist In A Velvet Glove". Patrick Parris scored me a setlist which I got signed, and I'll post it later.

I've been helping you out this past weekend way too much...:lol:

Primal Fear setlist?

Can't remember the order but they played...

Sign of Fear (1st Song)
Face the Emptiness
New Religion
Fighting the Darkness (all 3 parts)
Demons and Angels
Rollercoaster
Seven Seals
Metal Is Forever (last song)
Angel In Black
Nuclear Fire
Iron Fist In a Velvet Glove
Final Embrace
Batallions of Hate
Running In the Dust

It's a close call, but I've got to give it to Threshold. I had heard some recent boots with Damien and he didn't impress that much on them. However, either they've really started to gel, or it translates much better live, as this was very close to a flawless performance from the band. In fact, the only major problem of the set was that it was too short (7 songs) and that a few songs that were on the setlist were clearly cut for time, including one of my favorites, Light & Space. However, you gotta like a band that is unafraid to get into the audience, as Damien was, at one point walking through the crowd to the seats to fire up the seated people, and who staged dived at the end.

However, all four of the bands were firing on all cylinders.

Primal Fear was amazing! But it's tough because ALL the bands were GREAT! Primal Fear's set will go down in my books as one of the best in PP history! It was too dang hot to last more than a couple songs before heading out to watch it on the screens. THANK YOU GLENN for the monitors in the lobby!!

I have to say my favorite set of the entire weekend was After Forever. Primal Fear was very close, however I just found Floor to be in total control.

My favorite cover was Claudio's version of "Youth Gone Wild", man I didn't see that coming when he told me on Friday that he was doing a U.S. Hard Rock band.

Primal was best of show, IMHO. Primal was the best show I've seen since the Justice For All / Operation Mindcrime tour in the 80s !!

It was too dang hot to last more than a couple songs before heading out to watch it on the screens.

Hell no! This was my first ProgPower, and I stuck it out on the floor about 5 or 6 rows away from the rail (curse the tall people) ! :loco: Lined up early to get close, and the wait was kindofa bitch..long time standing..but worth it.

I did appreciate the monitors, though, when After Forever was playing.

After waiting for five years or so to see them live, I was very pleased with their set. There were some songs missing from their set that I would have liked to hear, but the tunes they played sounded awesome. Ralf is one of the best screamers I've ever heard, and he can sing pretty well when he wants to as well. All in all, a wonderful set.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Primal was best of show, IMHO. Primal was the best show I've seen since the Justice For All / Operation Mindcrime tour in the 80s !!

Hell no! This was my first ProgPower, and I stuck it out on the floor about 5 or 6 rows away from the rail (curse the tall people) ! :loco: Lined up early to get close, and the wait was kindofa bitch..long time standing..but worth it.

I did appreciate the monitors, though, when After Forever was playing.

I'm with you dude! Primal Fear was amazing! I saw the Justice For All/ Operation Mindcrime tour as well! Had no idea I'd have to wait so many damn years to see another show of equal quality!
This was my first ProgPower and I don't plan on it being my last!

I caught Primal Fear at their USA debut at Jersey Metal Fest years ago, and had been waiting for the day they played PPUSA to see if that performance was a fluke or not - it wasn't! They kicked as much butt now as they did then, pure power.