And the award for best drummer at PP goes to...

If you're talking about the actual show, Johanne James wins hands down for me. If you want to count the clinic on Friday, I think Johnny Mac needs a mention. :worship:

I had a lot of fun watching Frank Gilchriest (Virgin Steele) behind the kit. He was playing with so much flair. My other favorite is Björn Fryklund (Freak Kitchen) he is a monster drummer.

Johnny Mac said the drummer from Cellador has incredible foot work.

And yes... at the clinic Mac drummed out some killer solos. Some of the best I've heard, absolutely loved hearing them.

yeah but Stian was the marathon man. :cool:

I'm no drummer, nor do I know all the tech terms, but Stian was fan-freakin-tastic as far as I am concerned! :worship:

okay those were great drummers but to me hands down it was DARREN DAVIS of KRUCIBLE, and BJORN of FREAK KITCHEN. Just my opinion.

This festival lineup was full of of fantastic drummers. It's impossible for me to say who was best. With that said, I thought the guy from Communic really kicked some ass back there. :headbang:

~Brian~

How about that Halcyon Way drummer! :lol:

Seriously though, I'm humbled to have played on the same stage with such amazing musicians! My vote goes to Chris from Redemption and Stian from Pagan's Mind. Those guys were totally :headbang:

Oh and I give Mark Cross' (Firewind) light-up sticks with the USB ports extra kudos!

Johnny Mac said the drummer from Cellador has incredible foot work.

Especially since he is 18 or 19 years old. Still wet behind the ears, but such a bright future!!! He did impress me.

Johanne, IMO, displayed more showed showmanship and actually looked like he was having fun.

Chris from Redemption for me. Close 2nd to Johanne from Threshold, Stian from PM, and Andre from AF. But eveyone else close behind. All were great in some way.

If you're talking about the actual show, Johanne James wins hands down for me. If you want to count the clinic on Friday, I think Johnny Mac needs a mention. :worship:
I agree with you there, though Stian gets the endurance award and the Cellador drummer is best up and coming, imo.

Eh. He's too gimmicky. I mean, ONE show trick, and then every 4 bars? No thanks.

My vote goes to Chris of Redemption. (But then again, I'm a fanboy.)

Chris was no doubt the best in show. Having said that, it was a showcase for drummers. I am a drummer and I was in heaven all weekend with the amount of tallent that hit the stage. WOW. They were all kick ass.