And your replacement band is....

I had to go check these guys out on eMusic. Holy shit, this is going to be friggan SICK!! I'm with OrbWeaver, going to be tough to find a time to ditch out to get dinner. May have to sneak food in this year!

I had to go check these guys out on eMusic. Holy shit, this is going to be friggan SICK!! I'm with OrbWeaver, going to be tough to find a time to ditch out to get dinner. May have to sneak food in this year!

Not sure why people keep saying that? They have been serving food at the venue (Vinyl) for quite a few years and they have had pizza delivered for a couple of years too....

Bear

Not sure why people keep saying that? They have been serving food at the venue (Vinyl) for quite a few years and they have had pizza delivered for a couple of years too....

Bear

Not everyone wants to eat the over-priced food at the venue, or live off of DaVinci's Pizza, no matter how tasty it might be.

Completely new band for me but that is one of the things that makes the Fest interesting and great so bring em on...also, since it has been mentioned, let me say it is damn difficult to dredge up negatives where the Fest is concerned however the No Bringing Food Policy is definitely one of them... totally unreasonable considering the length of time someone ends up staying at the venue watching bands... just saying!

All but their most recent is on eMusic. Looks like I'll be grabbing those plus buying a CD on my next Amazon purchase! :)

As for finding time to eat - that's always a problem, but now it's even worse! :lol:

...however the No Bringing Food Policy is definitely one of them... totally unreasonable considering the length of time someone ends up staying at the venue watching bands... just saying!

I would say that the in/out privileges more than makes up for the "No Bringing Food" policy. There are plenty of options in the immediate area, some that are open extra hours just to accomodate this festival. It's really not that hard to deal with if you research a little before saying "totally unreasonable" IMHO.

I would say that the in/out privileges more than makes up for the "No Bringing Food" policy. There are plenty of options in the immediate area, some that are open extra hours just to accomodate this festival. It's really not that hard to deal with if you research a little before saying "totally unreasonable" IMHO.

Especially considering that the food situation now is MUCH better than when the fest moved to Atlanta.

Find out which band has their own soundperson. Take a break when they are setting up, as they will end up taking too much time, and you can get some food and be back before the band starts or is too far into their set =p

Not everyone wants to eat the over-priced food at the venue, or live off of DaVinci's Pizza, no matter how tasty it might be.

I agree that's why I always make time to go get food elsewhere. But people will complain still even when there are options available.

Bear

Especially considering that the food situation now is MUCH better than when the fest moved to Atlanta.

hehe I had to laugh for a second. The fest moved to Atlanta the same year it debuted in Lansing, Il. Anyways the food situation now as compared to when it first started back in 2001 is way way way better, Atlantic Station and the surrounding areas have been upgraded immensely since imo.

Bear

Find out which band has their own soundperson. Take a break when they are setting up, as they will end up taking too much time, and you can get some food and be back before the band starts or is too far into their set =p

I'm guessing food break between Riverside and Royal Hunt Sat

Completely new band for me but that is one of the things that makes the Fest interesting and great so bring em on...also, since it has been mentioned, let me say it is damn difficult to dredge up negatives where the Fest is concerned however the No Bringing Food Policy is definitely one of them... totally unreasonable considering the length of time someone ends up staying at the venue watching bands... just saying!

We've been doing it for 16 years and we're still alive. ;)

You can get quality food within a few blocks around the venue with enough time in between sets... just saying!

Hey man, I was saving my seat with my tuna fish sandwich!

No thanks.