Andreas Blomqvist guest appearance with Withem * album out now!

AndreasBlomqvist

Mr. Bassman
Apr 19, 2008
www.seventhwonder.nu
Hello!

Just letting you all know that I will play the bass on Withem's (http://www.facebook.com/#!/Withemband) debut album that is to be released sometime 2012.

Withem consists of among others Øyvind Voldmo Larsen and Ketil Ronold, formerly of Illusion Suite.

Seventh Wonder has shared a stage with Illusion Suite on a couple of occasions and the last time was ProgPower USA in Atlanta last year and these guys are great. When Øyvind asked if I could help them out I was very excited and the other SW boys fully support this.

I don't know much more at the moment but the demos I have heard sound sweet and it will most likely be an awesome melodic metal album to look forward to during next year!

Thanks,

Andreas

Congrats, Andreas, that is great news!

I already was wondering what Øyvind and Ketil would come up with after their split with Illusion Suite but now it really became an album to look forward to!!

Will you compose (some of) the bass-parts yourself or has all the stuff already been written?

Congratulations! That´s a good news!
Thanks for sharing the info in the forum.

Will you compose (some of) the bass-parts yourself or has all the stuff already been written?

Well I am primarily helping out as a session musician, so I will definitely not be a part of the writing process, as I am not a member of the band. The band will send me the songs and I will work through them, staying true to what was sent me. However, Øyvind has definitely asked me to play around with stuff too so I am sure the bass parts will end up sounding more or less like me, although probably not like SW.

So in short -I won't write the bass parts but I most likely will expand on the ideas and add my touch to them, but this is going to be a Withem-thing and I think that is for the best.

But having said all this, this is a first for me so I have no idea how it will turn out... I just hope I will do a good job and that Øyvind and Ketil will be pleased.

Andreas, you're the man!

I/We feel that the WITHEM album will be liftet to another level with Andreas on it. It will make the album more interesting.
We all love spice right ;-)

Oyvind

That will be so awesome!

I have listened to the demo of Withem that's online on Youtube a couple of months ago the first time and the song ist totally kick-ass! Really can't wait for the debut album.

And now Andreas participating makes me looking forward to it even more. :headbang:

'Withem' have just released a great video from the keyboard-recordings.
And, very importantly for us, there are some samples with Andreas on bass as well!

Check out the video below. The samples with Andreas start at 2:08!

Last edited by a moderator:
@donKyle - No, not yet (when it is announced, it will be posted here immediately).

Hey all !

The tracks we have recieved from Andreas so far is pure gold. Sounds right on the money ! We could not be more happy :Spin:

Regarding a releasedate on this album, we dont know. We have just started the vocal recordings and hopefully the album will be done i July AND hopefully we will have a good label by then. Not Signed yet.
It's not easy being a band and finding a label these day's. But, we are on the lookout and hopefully we will find a partner for Withem soon enough.

Oyvind

Thanks for the update, Øyvind!

Hope you'll find a label very soon!

Øyvind & Co released another video, now from Andreas' bass recording!
In the beginning of the video you can see Andreas explaining how and why he became part of Withem's debutalbum.

After that: snippets a.k.a. WOW!
I just love the 'sweet' part starting at 1:17 and the 'power-stuff' part beginning at 1:47 - amazing stuff!

Check it out:

Last edited by a moderator: