Interview with Andreas Blomqvist

Kauza

New Metal Member
Jul 14, 2005
I just wanted to let you all know that Andreas was kind enough to answer some questions for me recently about Mercy Falls and Seventh Wonder in general. As an aside, I'd like to thank Andreas for his very thorough and insightful answers: thanks a lot man!

Here are some highlights from the interview:

Progressive Melodies: What prompted the band to create a concept album? Was it a decision that the members discussed or did it just happen that way?

Andreas Blomqvist: I have been dreaming about writing a concept album ever since I first picked up an instrument. It is something I knew I would have to do some day, but I dreaded the effort, as well as I know it would have to be really, really good for me to even bother, and that it would be a very painful process.
So, one late night during the studio sessions for Waiting In The Wings when I sat in the studio with Tommy recording vocals, we started talking about it. Something just clicked and within just a couple of minutes the framework for the story was complete. During the mixing of WITW in Denmark in March 2006 we presented the idea of a concept album to the rest of the boys over a couple of beers and everyone approved of the idea. So then it was just the small matter of actually writing it…

You can read the full interview at Progressive Melodies:Seven Questions with Andreas Blomqvist

GREAT interview!

Here some parts I especially loved:

There are tons of recurring themes, riffs, rhythms and melodies that denote certain feelings or characters that pop up in different songs but with different tonalities or rhythms. That was a real challenge too, but if you really want to look into it in detail – there is plenty there for you too!

I'm still trying to figure out a lot though - I have to keep listening I guess.......

We have talked about (the next record) a bit and I have some general ideas but it is too early to say. What I can say for sure is that it will definitely not be a concept album and it will definitely sound Seventh Wonder. We will just continue writing music that we like and so far I have no reason to believe that anyone who has liked us so far will be disappointed with the next one!

'AMEN' to that.......:Smokin::headbang:

We have also just got back from an Italian tour with Circus Maximus and we are planning a rather extensive European tour for the upcoming spring even though nothing is settled yet

Bring it on, bring it on!!!!!

I think, No I know that 2009 will mean breaking even more new ground for Seventh Wonder and one of the major achievements I am hoping for is to cross the Atlantic and touch down in the states during 2009 and without saying too much it certainly looks promising! We are gonna bring Seventh Wonder to the masses next year!

BIG. Very BIG. That is what you guys deserve to be!!
THANKS for making the best album EVER ........:worship:notworthy