Andy - a note from Gary Holt (Exodus)

phodg

Mar 5, 2002
Visit site
Andy - I had a brief conversation with Gary Holt this week over on the TFTP board. I asked him about the production job you did on the new album. He seems well chuffed ! ...

Phodg: Gary - how was Andy Sneap to work with ? Do you like the sound you ended up with ? I think the "War Is My Sheppard" sound crushes. The guitars are nice and heavy and even Jack's bass and Tom's drums come through killer in the mix. Would you use him again ?
I don't suppose he mentioned doing any recording himself (with or without Sabbat), did he ? Did he jam with you ? He's a great guitar player.

Gary666: Andy's the best producer out there, bar none,and I've never worked so well with anyone before in my life. He's the only person we'll work with, period. Jack and Tom are crushing loud on the new disc, as is everything, the hallmark of a great production. I don't know of his own plans to record, but as far as jamming with him, there are 4 solos on Impaler. See if you can spot which one is Andy. Will the real Andy Sneap please stand up!