Andy Gillion - Skyless (feat. Jeff Loomis / 66Samus)

Acesulfame

Mar 29, 2009
England
www.youtube.com
Hey guys, just released the first single from my upcoming solo album. Super proud of the production on this - tracked guitars myself - reamped, mixed and mastered at The Panic Room, Sweden by Thomas "Plec" Johansson. Drums performed by 66Samus and a nice guest solo from Jeff Loomis. The mix was tricky given how much orchestration I made Plec try to fit into it but I really like the end result. Keen to hear your thoughts. We ended up using an EVH 5150 III for the rhythms and my Axe FX II for leads.

Fuck this mix! You make me feel like quiting right now. Greatest mix I've ever heard!

Fuck this mix! You make me feel like quiting right now. Greatest mix I've ever heard!
I have Plec to thank for that, the guy seriously knows how to make things sound good! This is the 4th album I've had the pleasure of working with him on and though it's hard to be subjective when it's your own songs, it's definitely one of my favourite metal mixes.

I have Plec to thank for that, the guy seriously knows how to make things sound good! This is the 4th album I've had the pleasure of working with him on and though it's hard to be subjective when it's your own songs, it's definitely one of my favourite metal mixes.
I see, I didn't read it carefully, but this is still a killer mix!