acorredor

Still Learning
Sep 26, 2003
Bogota, Colombia
www.audiotaller.com
Dear Andy:
Thanks for taking the time to answer our question... i was wandering,

1)hou do you pan your overheads, toms and room mics in the mix? Also,
2)how do you eq your toms? how do you make them stand out if even when rasing volume they don´t sound right?
3)If the tom hits are not all even, how do you handle this( some are loud some aren´t)

and, in a non related question, what kind of stand do you have your Apple monitor mounted on? i have a Control 24 and i am planning to buy an Argosy housing for it, but it´s the small one with no space for the screen(up in the bridge is too far to see) and i find that roll around stand a great choice, but i can´t find it anywhere!

Thanks for your time, and keep on producing the best records the rock world has heard!

Alejandro Corredor
Bogota-Colombia
Full-Time Andy Sneap admirer and long distance apprentice.
www.audiotaller.com
info@audiotaller.com

I always like to pan the kit from a crowd perspective, in fact I find it difficult to mix from the drummers perspective, just what Im used to I guess.

If toms dont sound right when boosted (say a bad hit for example) I'll replace the hit with a better one, or if the toms sound really shitty I'll trigger them and mix it with the original, sometimes there's no choice. If you have a good drummer, new skins and a properley tuned kit you should be ok tho.

The stand is a Quick Lok stand thats meant for a remote and I've just adapted it slightly, its not that stable but it works, and it's a little easier on the eyes.