Andy: One guitar per side? Kreator. All input welcome!

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
This works, but if there's only one riff you can't "double" like that because it doesn't repeat, you're screwed... Also, if you did "copy-paste" during the tracking, you're screwed again...
i thought about this, if you have the chance to do this then its cool, but if the riff doesnt repeat then youre screwed

No More Beers said:
i thought about this, if you have the chance to do this then its cool, but if the riff doesnt repeat then youre screwed
Well the method works 90% of the time (depending on the music) and if there's a riff that is not repeated, you're not screwed if you just double that one riff. You'll still save lots of time.

I actually did this quite recently, working on a little diddy of my own, sort of Fear Factory-ish, just 3 or 4 riffs with lots of keyboards, tight midi stuff so it only required about 45 seconds of guitar and a lot of cut and paste. Ended up very tight.

No More Beers said:
heres my idea, i dont know if its a good thing or not...
you have 2 tracks of guitar, cant you "double" by editing them?
lets say you have one riff played two times, keep the original guitar tracks untouched, but create two other tracks with the second time in the place of the first and the first in the place of the second...
is it understandable? i dont know if my idea sucks or not, but at least it wont be the exact same tracks just copied

Ive done this with surprisingly decent results ... also they need to be tracked to a click. If not usually part of the song fluctuate in tempo and then this isnt possible....

i think these way it works, but its not like the real thing, i would use it just if there was no other way