Andy Sneap & Kreator

silverwulf

Ghost in the Machine
Mar 6, 2002
Manassas, VA
Visit site
This is the first time I've posted here, so I wanted to take a few moments to talk about Andy and inquire to anyone who may have some information on Kreator.

First off, I'd like to say that Andy is one my favorite producers. I'm a huge fan of the work he's done, and all of the albums that I've heard by him are great. I think the first one that I heard was Nevermore's "DHIADW" album. Contrary to what some people have said, I loved the production on the album, especially Jeff Loomis' guitars. I think Andy did an amazing job at keeping the sound very focused and tight, while retaining enough bite on the high end for the guitars to sound "crushing." That's no easy feat on guitars that are tuned down to Bb, especially when you consider how clear the other instruments were in the process. I think it's the only album tuned that low where I've actually enjoyed the guitar sound. The leads were stellar also. Afterwards, I picked up Testament's "The Gathering" Cd and thought the sound was brutal. I think Andy has a way of bringing out the best in people's sound.

Most recently I've been getting into Kreator's "Violent Revolution" album. In typical fashion, I love the sound that andy was able to get from the guitars.

For Andy or anyone else here who may know...do you know what setup was used for the guitars on "Violent Revolution?" I'm goinmg to assume that Andy was using a pair of Shure SM-57's, and I believe I've seen that EMG 81's were used. Does anyone know what amps, cabs, and/or pedals were used? I've heard that either Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier's or Peavey 5150 Head were used, but I don't know which is was (or approximate settings), nor the type of cabs that were used with them. I'm also trying to find some info on Testament's "The Gathering." I've seen them say it was Mesa Rectifier's, but I'm not sure of the cabs or approximate settings they used.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help, and to Andy...great job on most everything I've heard by you. Keep up the good work! :)

Andy is producing the new Kreator album!! can't wait to hear it when its done. Mille is saying its a cross between the last album and Pleasure to Kill!

Veteran German thrashers KREATOR will enter Backstage Studios in Derbyshire, England with producer Andy Sneap on May 21 to record 12 Songs for the group's long-awaited new studio album, tentatively due in the fall. Commented Sneap: "I am currently being held captive in Essen Germany, I figured if I start digging the tunnel with the spoon provided, empty the dirt in the courtyard and leave by night, the Germans will never know. Hopefully I should have escaped in time to mix the new TESTAMENT album soon. I am currently printing a new passport, perfecting my German and planning my route to the Swiss boarder. Oh yeah, and the songs sound great also. [Guitarist/vocalist] Mille's discovered how to use an 8-track so they're surprising well prepared, good stuff!"

It's sounding really good actually. We're just going through, mainly working tempo's out at the moment, until Friday, then fly home and get stuck in. Very aggressive and fast, a definate step up from Violent Revolution. I always enjoy working with these guys, alot of England v Germany jokes, funny walks with small bits of black gaffa tape placed under your nose. Jah Jah Jah!!! We're going to try and get some video stuff on line and the studio web cam will be working soon, if I can figure the damn thing out.