Andy Sneap lay Dying !?

MilkAndCheese said:
Good example of the Revolution in use. That sound is very "Swedish" to me...would be at home on a Dark Tranquility or In Flames record.
Now that's something I'd like to hear. In Flames doing another album with Clayman-esque production with a Krank for the guitar tones.

Thanks for the info about As I Lay Dying, Andy.

I've actually got more into As I Lay Dying since I mixed the album. Super cool guys, hopefully I'll be doing whole album next time. Tim kinda reminds me of Barney from Napalm.

They definitely have their thing !
I love the album, it is in my CD player every morning when I go to work :headbang:

The guitar sound is amazing, you wrote that you used the Krank Revo to reamp. Is that the reason why they now use Krank ?

I have the CD cranking everyday at work........I did not like there first album do to the production on it.....and honestly I really was not digging this one at first.....but it grew on me and now I can't get enough of it.....

Andy Sneap said:
I've actually got more into As I Lay Dying since I mixed the album. Super cool guys, hopefully I'll be doing whole album next time. Tim kinda reminds me of Barney from Napalm.

I hope that you do, too.

I used to engineer (at the same studio) with the guy who recorded their record. Not to be a hater or anything, but he backstabbed me like a MOTHERFUCKER - twice! I'll spare you the details (unless you wanna know). When Sepultura came to the studio, this dude wore earplugs and sat in the front office for three days all pissed off saying gay shit like "this is way too loud" and "these guys don't know what they're doing" - in reference to Howard Benson and Mark Dearnley. Yeah, right! For me, this was an amazing experience and proved to be the catalyst in my decision to move to Los Angeles and run with the big dogs.

As a side note, the Sepultura sessions that we did way back then sparked a chain reaction which led to P.O.D.'s success and now As I Lay Crying. Sorry, just couldn't resist.:D

If you want to hear Kranks being radly played, tracked, and mixed - check out the new God Forbid. Some killer riffery and tonery and brothers gettin' down.

dude. . . i wanna know more. . can you start a thread uncovering all the juicy details. i'm sure everyone wants to know how Septultura led to POD's success which in turn led to the success of AILD. :hotjump: and all the studio drama. . :worship:

EtherForBreakfast said:
If you want to hear Kranks being radly played, tracked, and mixed - check out the new God Forbid. Some killer riffery and tonery and brothers gettin' down.
that has nothing to do with anything but fuck damn that record is mad phat yo

oh no wait, that had something to do with something nevermind i'm a dick

I love God Forbid but I was very disappointed with their new one. Guitars almost sound transparent. It is cool because you can hear every detail, but when they are just riding the e string, it doesn't have the heavy feel to it. I just don't think they can top their last album, that thing was just so good in so many ways.

You sure?! Not that I'd ever question you, but as a Krank owner, I would have bet the farm those are Kranks on that album.

What were they, then?

does as i lay dying have any songs for download on their site or whatever from this album? i wouldn't mind checkin it out if they do

nuclearass said:
About God Forbid recordings...
http://www.discmakers.com/music/pse/2005/suecof.asp

Interesting article.
BTW...was it Andy who noticed that the Trivium guitars were out of tune?

nuke - thanks for that link. i never would've guessed 5150/XXX. I own a rev1 krank, and it sounds like that album to a t.

PS - There is either a typo in that article, or someone does not know Andys last name:

"How did you tackle producing the latest Trivium album?
...I produced and tracked it and Andy Sneath mixed it."

I just got the new God Forbid and I think it sounds really awesome! Comes with a DVD with some studio stuff on it appearantly so hopefully that'll be cool.

I just watched the DVD. It looks like the used Peavey for the original tracks with Jason Suecof, but once the get to mixing with Eric Rachel, Dallas says "eric was just like 'screw this guitar sound' and got out some other amps and just re-did it" So appearantly it was re-amped by him. And in the next few shots there's a Krank all hooked up. So it definatly looks like they re-amped with a Krank. Anyway, There's DEFINATLY a Krank in the room when mixing. Whatever it is, it sounds good.