Mystery: Why doesn't As I Lay Dying do every record with Andy Sneap?

I've been asked a couple of time since but its been down to schedules and budgets etc. I think you could say Colin and myself have learnt from each other over the years, I was producing before I met him and obviously he's got a few years on me :)
I do have Colin to thank for the break back in 96, getting me out to the US to work on the 2nd Machine Head record tho, I see that as a turning point as it getting a foot in the door in the US is difficult.

Because Tim owns his own studio and with in that he has Daniel Castleman... Daniel may be one of the most unsung heros today.. that guy is so legit and just an all around good person. Tim also mentions that its important to be comfortable with the location hes at when its time to record and they all have known Daniel for ever. Im sure they where in there element 100%... plus when you can get Adam d involved with the production why would your really want to go anywhere else.

I fell its almost like saying " i have a great toilet at my house but let me go to my friends house and take a shit"

even though a collaboration between andy and aild would be something wicked!

Because Tim owns his own studio and with in that he has Daniel Castleman... Daniel may be one of the most unsung heros today.. that guy is so legit and just an all around good person. Tim also mentions that its important to be comfortable with the location hes at when its time to record and they all have known Daniel for ever. Im sure they where in there element 100%... plus when you can get Adam d involved with the production why would your really want to go anywhere else.

I fell its almost like saying " i have a great toilet at my house but let me go to my friends house and take a shit"

even though a collaboration between andy and aild would be something wicked!

this reads like AILD has never used Andy's skills in the past?

The band Dearly Beheaded released 2 albums in the mid-late 90s, which had incredible production courtesy of Colin (and I think Andy might have worked on the first album - 'Temptation' - too).

Well worth checking out if you haven't already. Sorry for being slightly off on a tangent.

I bought the first Dearly Beheaded cd back when it came out. I think it is pretty damn cool. Production sounds alot like the first Machine Head cd. I didn't know they made a second cd, I will have to check it out.

SAS is definitely one of my favourite sounding albums production-wise (not too fond of all the music). I absolutely fucking love the drum sound they've got (particularly how the kick has so much weight to it and fits so well in the mix).

I find that Colin's productions of this band since Andy's sound pretty weak in the drum department. I much prefer Andy's general meatier kick sound to Colin's more 'wooden' and thin sound. Having said that, I swear I read somewhere (maybe here) that the drummer brought his own drum samples for Andy to use...

you read that on the SAS thread. Andy said that he got the files with the drums already replaced with samples. but andy mixed in his kick sample. in my opinion, the drum quality in that album are the best i have ever head, and the reamping through that randall is AMAZING. the tone is distorted as fuck, but clear at the same time. and the clean vocals came out amazingly. i really do think they should have stuck with andy, regardless of the budget they had lol. but yeah, i do think they are getting closer to a sound thats almost as good at SAS. the new cd's seem wide, but lack the fullness that andy's mix had. andy's was wide and beefy.