why andy sneap doesn't want to answer my e mails??

Trivium, Give me the real Killswitch any day. No offence Andy, they sound great. But for me there songs just dont hold up enough.

MY thoughts are that "metalcore" is almost over with, now that almost every band that comes out of the states at the moment has a wacky fringe, wears pink t-shirts and has band names in one font and names like BLOOD FOR ANOTHER etc. Only a few will remain, after this fad......sorry rant over.

WingsofRedemption said:
Trivium, Give me the real Killswitch any day. No offence Andy, they sound great. But for me there songs just dont hold up enough.

MY thoughts are that "metalcore" is almost over with, now that almost every band that comes out of the states at the moment has a wacky fringe, wears pink t-shirts and has band names in one font and names like BLOOD FOR ANOTHER etc. Only a few will remain, after this fad......sorry rant over.

I must admit the whole metalcore thing is wearing thin on me, the Arch Enemy guys call these bands "three random word bands" infact "Few Will Remain", anyone called that yet??

yeah.. i like "of the" bands... you can make 'em up all day and chances are there's really band called that somewhere.. i'll talke a spin right now:

Seasons of the Fall .... how 'bout it? anyone know of one?

And then there's the "address" or "neighborhood" bands.. like "Hawethorn Heights" and "Evergreen Terrace" or whatever.... gee, since i lived near this area in Tampa once maybe i could make a whiney band called "Suitcase City".. woo hoo!

Hahaha... You guys are awesome. These last bunch of posts are giving me a good laugh before sleep. My favorite name generation scheme is

(noun) of the (season, emotion/feeling)

dont forget, plenty of bad eye liner, black fringe over one eye and some form of colour co-ordination, something red maybe. Oh, and don't forget its very rare the singer can actually sing, so better get the guitar player to do those bits....
Been talking with Paul Bostaph recently cause of the Exodus album. Damn that first Forbidden album was killer, had to go back and have a listen. That's when there were some killer players in the scene if you ask me. Seems like everythings coming round but watered down....or am I just cynical with age?

Andy Sneap said:
That's when there were some killer players in the scene if you ask me. Seems like everythings coming round but watered down....or am I just cynical with age?

Maybe also the fact that with age and experience, you're getting less impressed at things, kind of losing the magic, not seeing things with the same eyes. I know it's the case for me unfortunately, I remember being so impressed by bands ages ago, when I didn't play myself and didn't know anything. And then I started to play, listened to more music, and discovered that these bands were just as bad as can be. It's sad to say but today I'm not impressed by anything musically, you know, kind of listless... As if everything has been done already... I don't know... I'm just waiting for a new revelation maybe.

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
Maybe also the fact that with age and experience, you're getting less impressed at things, kind of losing the magic, not seeing things with the same eyes. I know it's the case for me unfortunately, I remember being so impressed by bands ages ago, when I didn't play myself and didn't know anything. And then I started to play, listened to more music, and discovered that these bands were just as bad as can be. It's sad to say but today I'm not impressed by anything musically, you know, kind of listless... As if everything has been done already... I don't know... I'm just waiting for a new revelation maybe.

I hear where you're coming from. But just because you're not impressed doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. :headbang:

I've been digging bands who are, in a way, simplistic... but at least trying to bring something somewhat new to the scene... Mnemic, Raunchy, Samael's newest album... surprisingly good, all of them, at least to me...

For all those bands you guys were talking about though... file under "Flavor of the Month", and that's a name for ya, too. I told EVERYBODY I knew Limp Bizkit would die out... dont forget, 10 years ago it was all these shitty alternative bands that ruled the scene... Third Eye Blind, Gin Blossoms, Dishwalla... I'd almost prefer these fucking emo douche bag bands, cuz in a way, its at least a LITTLE closer to being a gateway to get some kid to say, 6 degrees to Naglfar... like this:

My Chemical Romance -> Killswitch Engage -> In Flames -> Testament -> Opeth -> Naglfar.

There, am I stretching too much in my hopes? Fuck it, time will tell...

Andy Sneap said:
hey, it'd make a change from a raiders cap, take years off ya
shit.. i lost that cap weeks ago... wear an Earache one now sometimes... but i go capless more often than not now.... SO, i updated my pic.. just for you!

My Chemical Romance, I'm not understanding that one. Nothing against the guys, but I just don't get it and everyone's loving them. mmmm, oh well. I try and stay open minded but it's tough. There were few bands that made an impression at download, though one exception were Chimaira, I thought they were incredible, definately have to blag an album from RR there.

Saw Chimaira down here when In Flames toured. Didn't really dig them... nor did I dig being subjected to their pit whilst trying to keep a place in the front row for IF. All that and the only decent song IF played was 'Behind Space' *sigh*. I just hate that whole entire 'nu' sound and image, even that whole nu-rock thing IF are associating themselves with these days. Not my cup of tea at all.

Andy Sneap said:
My Chemical Romance, I'm not understanding that one. Nothing against the guys, but I just don't get it and everyone's loving them. mmmm, oh well. I try and stay open minded but it's tough. There were few bands that made an impression at download, though one exception were Chimaira, I thought they were incredible, definately have to blag an album from RR there.

haha MCR suck, its all this emo crap that im sick of, since when has it been cool to cry about a girlfriend you broke up with 10 years ago? i dunno, pantera said it best "The Trend Is DEEEEAAAAAAAAADDDDDD!!!!!!!" :headbang: