Collective questions for Mr. Sneap -thread

i just looked at flamingo and i had not found that flamingo has tape simulator ,therefore it will has another sound than spider has.. i guess

Pan keep in mind just cause you get a Cranesong doesn't mean all of the sudden it will make an average guitar tone better. 98% of the tone comes from the player, head, cab, mic position. The Cranesong just gives it a nice polish just before it hits the DAW.

Hi, Andy. Happy New Year. I was wondering if you could answer a couple of legal questions for me.
1st - My band is going to release two CDs. One is going to be all originals, and will for be sale, while the other will be a CD with a smaller amount of songs that we will give out for free to provide a sample of our style and songwritting. We have three covers that we want to put on the free CD, so we won't have to pay royalties. I'm I correct in thinking I can give away the covers without paying royalties? 2nd - Another song (also on the free CD) contains a small portion of a recent movie's audio, an exchange of dialog between two actors lasting less than 20 seconds. Could I get in trouble for that?

Thanks for your time

Hi, Andy. Happy New Year. I was wondering if you could answer a couple of legal questions for me.
1st - My band is going to release two CDs. One is going to be all originals, and will for be sale, while the other will be a CD with a smaller amount of songs that we will give out for free to provide a sample of our style and songwritting. We have three covers that we want to put on the free CD, so we won't have to pay royalties. I'm I correct in thinking I can give away the covers without paying royalties? 2nd - Another song (also on the free CD) contains a small portion of a recent movie's audio, an exchange of dialog between two actors lasting less than 20 seconds. Could I get in trouble for that?

Thanks for your time

Why is this in the Questions for Andy thread ffs?

Yes Brett - as a CD and individuall downloads on my website. The free CD, if shipped to an address, will only cost shipping.
Trevoir - I also have this question posted on the general discusion board, but I thought Andy would have some insight re: this subject.

Is it true you use AKG 414 on ride ? (under it right ?)... If yes what pattern do you use ? (Omni, Cardioid, Bi,...)

What do you think about using small compression with Distressor on rythm guitar ?

Thx a lot !!

I think I have one that no one asked yet and hope you don't matter to answer. Have you worked with 8 strings guitar? I'm just wondering if you did, how you deal with the low F# and the bass-kick?. I'm having troubles, mainly with the bass, 'cause when the F# comes, the bass automatically go upfront. Thanks in advance!

Automate the guilty notes or copy them to another track.
Some notes resonate more than others, so they start built up between bass guit and kick,especially on faster parts, l personally had a lot of struggle A2 at 110 hz, she can be a real bitch...

Glad I could help you
Question for Andy:
I've read that you often use a buss compressor in conjunction with finalizer/Ozone, may I ask you how much gain reduction would you suggest in the multiband section, if some at all?
Thank you!

Giacomo

Mr.Sneap or anyone with an opinion,

When recording guitar have you ever had any experience/results with a smaller tube amp (like a 15w engl or something similar) or in order to really get that huge sound does it have to come from a 4x12 cab.

I did a quick search right before this posting but if it is somewhere else in the forum please just point me in the right direction.

Thanks guys

You can't make sound huge, because it can't push that much air, it's simple physics. You can make it good probably though, that is if the amp is tonally ok, and if you experiment.