Collective questions for Mr. Sneap -thread

i dont know if this was asked before so sorry if it was... i wonder what converter andy use? and what preamps too?
... and what plagin eq? i never knew why people with like huge budget use plugins? why not buy real deal... i understand its all there you can change it anytime just load a project... but the sound?
am new here... (noob) x) so sorry if am rude or something... one more question... what monitors andy use? am sorry if this was asked before...

i dont know if this was asked before so sorry if it was... i wonder what converter andy use? and what preamps too?
... and what plagin eq? i never knew why people with like huge budget use plugins? why not buy real deal... i understand its all there you can change it anytime just load a project... but the sound?
am new here... (noob) x) so sorry if am rude or something... one more question... what monitors andy use? am sorry if this was asked before...

all these questions have been answered numerous times...
most of them actually in this thread, read a bit ;)

What to do to avoid disgusting guitar fizz (sand). My 57 mic is placed like here:

micd.jpg

I use 5150 with mesa4*12: presence=12oclock, high=10oclock. Post gain=2

57 goes to RME ff400 mic preamp. Is that sand because of:
-cheap rme preamp
-mic
-amp and low volume settings.

How to diagnose that ?

i am listening to your mixes - they all have other highfreqs.. My head is broken

What to do to avoid disgusting guitar fizz (sand). My 57 mic is placed like here:

micd.jpg

I use 5150 with mesa4*12: presence=12oclock, high=10oclock. Post gain=2

57 goes to RME ff400 mic preamp. Is that sand because of:
-cheap rme preamp
-mic
-amp and low volume settings.

How to diagnose that ?

i am listening to your mixes - they all have other highfreqs.. My head is broken

How does it sound if you turn the post gain up to 3 to 3.5? Also is the mic on axis or off? What are your other settings on the amp?

When you do speak :..... through mesa cab - which cab do you mean ? traditional stiletto or standart rectifier oversized mostly ?

Which mic pre was Andy using in 2005-2006 year for guitar recording ?

I am interested in albums:

BFMW the poison
trivium ascadency
caliban The Undying Darkness

btw - guys i am really stucked with thing - who was recording guitars of it// Andy or not

BFMV was Colin Richardson
Trivium was mixed by Andy but don't think it was recorded by him unless he re-amped guitars.
Don't know about Caliban.

His favourite mic pre is the Crane Song Spider I think, though I'm not sure when he got it.

i have one question that i'm sure many other will be interested in too:

andy, you frequently say that you like to mic up cymbals in pairs, with extra mics for china hat and ride.

i wonder how you deal with the ambience, phase, and stereo image of the rest of the kit? especially the snare?

Hey - what Crane Song Spider's clone can you advise ? (i mean coloration and sound ) ?

is it 100 % same ?
-------------
it is complex to get crane song here /9
even used

crane song i guess is good for guitars