LIVE Q&A WITH ANDY SNEAP THIS THURSDAY!

Trevoire520

Mar 24, 2007
Fife, Scotland
Just got this email from Toontrack, I'm sure theres plenty of us here who have some decent questions to ask Andy rather than all the noob stuff that you usually get out of these kinda Q&A's.

"Longtime Toontrack collaborator and probably the most in-demand engineer in today’s metal scene, Andy Sneap, is online on Toontrack’s Facebook on Thursday, May 21 to answer any questions you may have on recording, producing, mixing and engineering. Ask away!

23:00 CEST (Europe)
10:00 PM BST (UK)
5:00 PM EDT (US)
2:00 PM PDT (US)"

Ha, just got the email as well, pretty cool. I hope the questions won't be excessively retarded/misdirected, though knowing these kinds of events, they probably will :lol:

In the Kemper interview Andy spoke about how he felt it was still necessary/advisable for new bands to sign in with a (metal) label, I would have liked to ask him to elaborate a bit more on it..
There had always been so much drama/funkiness/etc over record deals with bands sometimes, and with the internet component nowadays I think it's a very interesting subject!

I for one won't be able to see this because of work :.( hope it gets uploaded to YT, at least.

looking forward to this, although given the format and assuming the level of questions the majority of users will be asking, I'll be surprised if anything comes up that Andy hasn't said before.

That said, I'd love some general answers from Andy about his thoughts on a number of things, particularly where he thinks metal music and production is headed stylistically in the future. Praying it's not constant asking for compressor and reverb settings....