Any chance to hire Andy Sneap?

Umm, why not go for a local guy? The production on Polish metal albums is very kickass all-round: Vader (on Litany & Impressions In Blood), Decapitated (on The Negation), etc :)

Have you ever compared those productions to Andy's work? :)

The record will be recorded here in Poland ('coz recording studios are cheap as fuck! ;)...
But we don't want to sound like 666 thousands of polish bands... we want to have fresh mix/mastering done by a person who doeasn't know polish reality....
if you know what I mean...

BTW: maybe it's time to close that thread? ;)

lol clone Andy !

but seriously there are some amazingly talently people on this board, who would put in great quality and energy into your product

But don't forget the "name dropping factor" !!!

I can understand him...

But man... Andy told you that he won't do it... That should be enough information. Live with the facts.

-Let someone else mix / master it.
-Play Gigs
-Get a Deal
-Play more Gigs
-Get a better Deal
and so on...

Maybe one day it will come true for you...

Amen.

Rock on Dude!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

But don't forget the "name dropping factor" !!!

I can understand him...

But man... Andy told you that he won't do it... That should be enough information. Live with the facts.

-Let someone else mix / master it.
-Play Gigs
-Get a Deal
-Play more Gigs
-Get a better Deal
and so on...

Maybe one day it will come true for you...

Amen.

Rock on Dude!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

+1

....this thread is amazing!!!!!!!!!!

C.

Yes. You are right... but I suppose that only good, cushing sound is missing now. Everything is set, composed, arranged etc ...

We want to give the record labels full, profesionally recorded, mixed and mastered album. Ready to release. We don't want anyone to pay for us. Just for the start....

I had Roadrunner on the phone once and they said that they preffered demos instead of "ready to release" CDs. I don't think a good sounding CD will have any better chance than a demo with damn good songs. In that case they will pay you for recording them. I think if a song is good it don't need that "perfect" sound to convince anyone. :kickass:

And hey.. and good perfomance with crappy sound is much better than crappy performance with perfect sound!
Cheers..

If you've already copyrighted the songs on "ready to release" cd's, then they wont get as much $$$ in royalties if you re-record them under their budget.

I THINK that's the idea, although I could, of course, be wrong.

^i think it also has to do with the fact that they don't get to tell you to change anything on it, because it's already complete. Also like you were saying, they don't get to recoup their advances (becuase they don't necessarily have to give one for recording) and they make less money.

This thread is going places!
ssc2005-26b_small.jpg

^i think it also has to do with the fact that they don't get to tell you to change anything on it, because it's already complete. Also like you were saying, they don't get to recoup their advances (becuase they don't necessarily have to give one for recording) and they make less money.

That's pretty much the gist of it. A label makes far more money from a band that they give an advance to (well, ones that sell, anyway) than from a band that already has a disc & is just looking for a P&D (press & distro) deal.

However, these days, I'm telling my clients not to even try to get a "classic deal" because it'll be like being a little boy locked in a room with 20 Catholic priests. "You're gonna get fucked."
Self produce & look for a P&D deal, because that's the only way you're really going to see any money from album sales.

For more information, see "Confessions of a Record Producer" by Moses Avalon.

-0z-

Forget Andy Sneap.

Since I am not in demand, you should hire me, because I will treat you with respect, as one human being should treat one another. I will mix all your tracks equally so that in the end... it will all sound equal and almost be 'in the red'. I gaurantee you will want to kill yourself. Which is not so bad because then your soul will be set free and both God and Satan are excellent producers with studios and equipment one can only dream off. (God and Satan can re-amp drummers. THAT'S RIGHT. ACTUAL DRUMMERS!)

The only con is that I'm only free on weekends and that I live in Perth, Western Australia. And that I'm totally sexy. But is that really such a con? No, it is not.