why andy sneap doesn't want to answer my e mails??

This thread is awesome; I'm glad I'm not the only one sick of all this crap. I don't know if anyone else here in the States watches Headbanger's Ball on MTV2, but every time I've caught it the thing that has blown me away has been the commercials. There are seemingly MILLIONS of those bands, all sounding identical. They're constantly showing label commercials that will feature short clips from like 20 bands, with every single one of them being that whiny/screaming crap. Same same same same same. Drives me freaking batty!!!! :yuk:

I went to the Metal Hammer awards the other week and was shocked as The Lost Prophets and Him virtually got booed and bottled off stage. Same for when The Used came up on the screen. I thought these were the kids buying this stuff. Guess not. Nobody bottled Zakk tho, he just rambled on about good ol' Dime and Randy Rhodes and threw his award in the crowd LMAO!! Good Lad haha!

HIM at least slightly scores points in my book,

only because their monstrously huge drummer (Gas), played on Kotipelto's first record...which was pretty rockin.

oh hey Andy, do you ever talk on AIM?

yeah I don't mind HIM, I don't think anyone deserves to get bottled, to be honest there's room for everyone. Even if you don't like the Lost Prophets, you've got to think those guys have been worked hard by the label and management, spent months away from home etc and put alot of hard work in. If some kid then threw shit at me after that I'd be into the crowd faster than shit off a shovel.

yeah that drummer from Him is great actually, really solid.

(Fairly) useless fact, but Gas Lipstick (HIM's drummer) did a thrash/death metal album in around 1994, with Children Of Bodom's current rhythm guitarist (Roope Latvala). The band was called Dementia and they only managed to do one album. HIM's drummer did vocals on the album which are....lets say questionable, but he also played some pretty good guitar riffs. Im sure I have seen him on TV sporting Morbid Angel shirts and such aswell....

Moonlapse said:
Saw Chimaira down here when In Flames toured. Didn't really dig them... nor did I dig being subjected to their pit whilst trying to keep a place in the front row for IF. All that and the only decent song IF played was 'Behind Space' *sigh*. I just hate that whole entire 'nu' sound and image, even that whole nu-rock thing IF are associating themselves with these days. Not my cup of tea at all.
Chimaira, "nu" metal? i don't hear that... what are people talking about when they call Chimaira "nu" metal?.. nope, don't get it. i mean, they aren't exactly Death Metal.. but does that automatically lump then in with the "nu" metal, Hot Topic gang? i don't think so. Sorry, their pants aren't baggy enough, their guitars aren't worn low enough, and their singer certainly doesn't sing gay enough to fit that tag in my eyes. i like them actually.. and the new album is possibly even better than the last, which kicked ass as well.
Andy Sneap said:
... I'd be into the crowd faster than shit off a shovel.
he heh.. you sure you're not from Polk City?:loco:

I like Chimaira too. Their last record really showed that they have great influences. You can just hear the Carcass and Pantera in there, and it's good.

Andy Sneap said:
yeah I don't mind HIM, I don't think anyone deserves to get bottled, to be honest there's room for everyone. Even if you don't like the Lost Prophets, you've got to think those guys have been worked hard by the label and management, spent months away from home etc and put alot of hard work in. If some kid then threw shit at me after that I'd be into the crowd faster than shit off a shovel.
I wholeheartedly agree. Booing a band off stage is more than enough protest, bottling is just unacceptable. People who do that, need to get their asses kicked.

I personally enjoy HIM and My Chemical Romance, while I really don't like all the metalcore bands out there these days, i.e. Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Unearth, etc. I just find them really annoying, without anything redeeming about them. Whatever. To each his own. Oh yeah, bottling is absolutely ridiculous and out of line. Gas could have easily taken out the asshole(s) who did that. He's a good drummer, and a great guy.

OK since this thread is so all over the place and someone brought up rap/R&B, I've gotta ask...has anyone seen R. Kelly's new video for "Trapped in a Closet"? I have not laughed that hard in ages. It's supposed to be like some kind of R&B epic concept album or something; it's a 5-part "suite" telling a story. I guess he's trying to make the Operation: Mindcrime of the R&B world...

Funniest. Thing. EVER.

Matt Smith said:
OK since this thread is so all over the place and someone brought up rap/R&B, I've gotta ask...has anyone seen R. Kelly's new video for "Trapped in a Closet"? I have not laughed that hard in ages. It's supposed to be like some kind of R&B epic concept album or something; it's a 5-part "suite" telling a story. I guess he's trying to make the Operation: Mindcrime of the R&B world...

Funniest. Thing. EVER.
have you seen the Dave Chapel spoof about him peeing on little girls??? WAH HA HA HA HA :tickled:

Matt Smith said:

Funniest. Thing. EVER.

is "i'm gonna pee on you" gonna be on it :D

Hey hey... I never said I liked My Chemical Romance... aren't those fuckheads from NYC area? Another band giving my old home a shit name, fantastic.

Im just saying its like a good gateway kinda thing...

Like a kid that likes Green Day.. maybe he gets into something a bit more old skool punk, and starts digging Bad Religion... then hears some hardcore, and decides he's all about Hatebreed.... then, if you speed Hatebreed up, you, in a way [I know Im stretching here, work with me] get The Haunted... so then this dude digs the Haunted... then maybe Strapping Yound Lad, and then Meshuggah... so, there you go.

I saw like, a few clips of that Trapped in the Closet video on a commercial or a promo or something.. and it was pretty damned ridiculous looking. I cant fucking believe people still give the guy a career after nailing 14 yr olds and shit.

Machinated said:
(Fairly) useless fact, but Gas Lipstick (HIM's drummer) did a thrash/death metal album in around 1994, with Children Of Bodom's current rhythm guitarist (Roope Latvala). The band was called Dementia and they only managed to do one album. HIM's drummer did vocals on the album which are....lets say questionable, but he also played some pretty good guitar riffs. Im sure I have seen him on TV sporting Morbid Angel shirts and such aswell....

Hell yeah! Gas is a great solid drummer, and he is a thrash maniac :)
Gas, Pasi Koskinen ( ex-amorphis) and some hairy dude recently released a new CD with their grind-project 'To Separate The Flesh From The Bones'

http://www.toseparatethefleshfromthebones.com/index2.htm

You can download couple mp3's from their website.
Go check them out!

Andy Sneap said:
dont forget, plenty of bad eye liner, black fringe over one eye and some form of colour co-ordination, something red maybe. Oh, and don't forget its very rare the singer can actually sing, so better get the guitar player to do those bits....
Been talking with Paul Bostaph recently cause of the Exodus album.Damn that first Forbidden album was killer, had to go back and have a listen. That's when there were some killer players in the scene if you ask me. Seems like everythings coming round but watered down....or am I just cynical with age?

Hell yeah!
One of my favorite CD's :)
'Forbidden Evil' from 3:40 to 5:40 :OMG:
Highlight of the record!

:headbang: