Angel In the Ashes (new charity track written by Matt)

My love for power metal is always rekindled when I hear new stuff from Matt Smith.

Well, him or Avantasia.

Reactions: Vaalwrath
Ok, got to mention a few things:

First and foremost, I find it everything from inspiring to adorable whenever the camera pans on Matt because he looks like he's having SO MUCH FUN; from the head wobbles to the gestures...I just love it!
What blew me away was the performance of Daisa Munhoz, I got goosebumps the moment I heard 'One more revolution turn'.
Speaking of female chops, the youtube comments go on about Leah and how she didn't get a chance to shine. I don't want to sound ignorant, but I've never heard of her before, can anyone point me to a song in which I could hear how she fares on her own terms? I'm genuinely interested.
Speaking of chops in general, man am I glad to see Rob Rock reach those highs. It's incredible how powerful that man's voice is and I'm sorry to say I hadn't enjoyed his latest work with Impellitteri as much as I did listening to this song.

And maybe the most important one of all: full album when?

Speaking of female chops, the youtube comments go on about Leah and how she didn't get a chance to shine. I don't want to sound ignorant, but I've never heard of her before, can anyone point me to a song in which I could hear how she fares on her own terms? I'm genuinely interested.

Here's a song from Leah's newest album (which features the guitarist of Delain). She's like a celtic metal Enya. What first interested me in her is she is a Catholic home-schooling mom of five kids. Pretty cool stuff.

Wait, that cover looks familiar. I remember dissing this as cheesy, but I can't put my finger on what song exactly...

Hey Guys! I hope you're well. Here's one of the things I've been working on lately--a brand new charity track that I wrote, featuring several great singers. All proceeds go to feed homeless and refugee families in Greece. I hope you enjoy! :)

Matt:
Amazing! As Rob Rock gives it all hitting all the high notes witjh passion - one word describes it-goosebumps.
Then again during Gus Drax solo with split screen and you on rhythm guitar - again goosebumps.. Dueling guitars!

Pure Hevenly Metal!

Keep up the awesome compositions.

fan from Vancouver, Canada

It took awhile, but this finally clicked for me today. Amazing! What a killer tune. Purchased.

I love the choruses and the split-screen gang vocals! Daisa's such a powerhouse vocalist. I just about lose it when y'all sing "Fire falls from heaven down below."

Really excellent work!

Hey, the lyrical focus matters to each of us here in varying degrees. It's a fair question!

Daisa fronts Vandroya and is a regular member of Soulspell project, both of which are on Inner Wound. As a general rule (not an absolute rule!), Emil's more explicitly Christian bands are on Ulterium and secular bands on Inner Wound. I agree that you won't find shady characters on either, but you will generally find a different lyrical focus.

In light of my affection for Daisa's vocals, I am embarrassed to say that I haven't picked up the Vandroya album yet, so I can't speak to its focus. But I am a huge Soulspell fan and have every album (Matt was on the last one). Each album is a "metal opera" with a fictional fantasy-based storyline. Nothing too dark at all, but also not Christian per se.

Vandroya - The Last Free Land:

Soulspell - Adrift (one of the songs featuring Daisa):

Vasilis is in Black Fate on Ulterium. I honestly don't know much about the band, other than the fact that Vasilis can sound exactly like Roy Khan from Kamelot when he wants to, such as in Weight of the World: